NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Door Lock Problem???????????????

Don&Patty

The door locks will unlock with the door panel button or the remote but will not lock. Was told that the problem was a relay that needed to be replaced. Found a DIY write up on replacing the relay on another forum and replaced the replay this past weekend but the problem is still there. When I touch a grounded test light to one of the relay terminals the door locks will lock, when I touch the test light to the other relay they will unlock. But when I use the remote or door panel button they only unlock. Any ideas????

• 5 weeks later...

Mine is doing the same thing....... :bang I'm going to take it in for the warranty work on it I will let you know what it was......

Uh...okay. What, am I posting in invisible ink? I wasn't guessing. :toetap

Good luck with the stealership. :huh

Uh...okay. What, am I posting in invisible ink? I wasn't guessing. (MOTV8)

I believe you. My problem is a little different.....

The car will not remember my Keyless remote I have to reset it ever time but know it's not reading it at all, it wont program..

I have replace Both batteries in car and remote....the doors lock with the door switch just not the remote....so I don't even know were to begin...

I don't like electric problems in cars...... :crazy

The door locks will unlock with the door panel button or the remote but will not lock. Was told that the problem was a relay that needed to be replaced. Found a DIY write up on replacing the relay on another forum and replaced the replay this past weekend but the problem is still there. When I touch a grounded test light to one of the relay terminals the door locks will lock, when I touch the test light to the other relay they will unlock. But when I use the remote or door panel button they only unlock. Any ideas????

Have you tried the passenger door lock/unlock??

Are both FOB's dead??

It may be as simple as corrosion on a BCM pin!

Open the passenger side footwell and check the connections!

Keep us informed on the progress!!

Ken

Well the jury is in it was the FOB it was dead.......I only have one so I could not chk with another one so ordered a new one also the power seat is going out so that's being replaced also.

so 100.00 deductable and 950.00 worth of work done....I like my warranty I paid 2200 for I have used about 4k with it.....