ProAutosports (INDE this weekend)

cr133r

Anybody else going to this?  My wife and I will be out there on Sunday.  Yellow Z06 and a white STI.  Drop by and say Hi if you're out there.

PRC springs suck is all I can figure.  Quite a few people have had the same issues.  Car is running great and is ready to tear up the track.  Went 11.6@129 on the street tires at the strip.  It will be nice to use 1st gear now that I have drag radials.

Car ran great on Sunday.  Track was a bit got and greasy after the first session. Best of 1:55.8 in the 3rd session with 1:55.9s in sessions 2 and 4.

Billy,

what configuration was the track in. Long back stretch ( climbing hill)

or house turn set up?

SLAMMER

I'm looking forward to mixing it up with you Billy in October during Hunters event. 

My fastes time at Inde was 1:50.00

(Fast track set up) no eyebrows to slow down for. 

House turn layout was slower at 1:54.00 

i got my times off the in car camera timer. I'm not sure what the accuracy of the video timer is. 

Too bad Victor DOSN'T come to any more track events. 

It could be very competitive. 

SLAMMER

SLAMMER

IRS put a stop to my track days the last year or so. I hope to get back out there soon, but I sold my track wheel/tire setup and I'd like to trailer the car out there in the future, so a trailer would be in my future as well.

Rent or barrow a trailer. Storage fees are annoying. Besides you probably won't use it much. 

SLAMMER

SLAMMER

IRS put a stop to my track days the last year or so. I hope to get back out there soon, but I sold my track wheel/tire setup and I'd like to trailer the car out there in the future, so a trailer would be in my future as well.

Hey Vic, you may want to check out BIG Tex trailers, several places in the valley. Anyway, I used one of their trailers to haul the C3 to NM, worked just fine, plenty of room and twin axle. I think it was around $70 a day for a 18 footer. Also get the dovetail drop trailer, works great. Just a suggestion if you want to rent a good trailer.

SLAMMER

Hey Vic, you may want to check out BIG Tex trailers, several places in the valley. Anyway, I used one of their trailers to haul the C3 to NM, worked just fine, plenty of room and twin axle. I think it was around $70 a day for a 18 footer. Also get the dovetail drop trailer, works great. Just a suggestion if you want to rent a good trailer.

THanks, T-Buc !!!! That sounds like a better solution than buying one outright and storing it :)

Rent or barrow a trailer. Storage fees are annoying. Besides you probably won't use it much. 

SLAMMER

Yep....T-Buc may have supplied a solution for me.

NP Vic. I was having the same issue with a trailer purchase, where to store it, more expense and buying vs. use etc... Renting a good trailer was well worth the cost. It towed absolutely fine at 75-80mph the entire distance, no sway at all.  Good luck.

Billy, If your gonna post up 12 minutes of one car track footage for us to watch please get your windshield replaced. Which run group were you in? Beginner. No one put up any resistance or effort to make you work for a pass. Not that I'm advocating blocking your passing attempts. But they didn't seem to have any racing spirit. It looked very empty on the track. Was this the last race of the day? ProAuto tends to have larger run groups. 25+ per session. 

SLAMMER

I will replace the windshield replaced after the DSC event.  Both cracks are from Inde so I didn't really care to fix it before I go there.

I started first on track in the green run group and it takes a while to catch up to the back of the pack.  My fourth session was a lot more interesting, but the damn GoPro battery died 7 seconds in.  I went full out for the session and the second car was 3/4 lap behind.  The only two cars at the end of the day that were faster (about 1.5s) in the heat was a Trans Am race car and a BMW that is always fast.

Hopefully we have a pretty fast group come October.  Hopefully HP Tuners will get their shit together and I can get data logs for the overlays again too.  My brother had the courage to 1) ride with me and 2) watch the speedo as we went into the braking area at the end of the straight.