ARMALITE AR-10T for sale

NDAGRUV

I am looking to sell my Armalite AR-10(T) Precision Match Carbine, 308 cal. (7.62x51)

It has had ninety rounds put through it since new, has no visible marks or scratches of any kind.  It's as close to "new" as it could possibly get.  It will come with the following:

1.  2 stage trigger

2.  Detachable Front Sight & Carry Handle

3.  Three each, Twenty round Factory Magazines

4.  Two each, Ten Round Factory Magazines 

5.  Five Hundred Rounds of .308 ammo

6. Original Box and Owners Manual

"Original MSRP" of Rifle = $2385.00

Price of Five Hundred rounds of .308 = APPROXIMATELY $600.00.  (I can't remember exactly what I paid for the ammo, due to "old age". (ME, NOT THE AMMO!)

ASKING: $1875.00 - CASH ONLY 

PRIVATE SALE TO AZ RESIDENTS ONLY

I've always considered an AR-10, but at over a $1.00 a round...that's too expensive for me. Guess I'll stick with my AR-15.

I've always considered an AR-10, but at over a $1.00 a round...that's too expensive for me. Guess I'll stick with my AR-15.

Say Wha?! I looked online at a few places and I didn't find that true. You might want to take another look at prices. .223 and 5.56 are more.

5.56 >.308 $$ Not quite...  Ammoman PMC 5.56 $345/1000; PMC 308 $359/500.   Good quality brass, same mfr. almost double in price.

There are cheaper non-reloadable alternatives, but the savings, in my opinion, are not worth the lower quality and use of the brass

I know of the "allure" of an AR15............  BUT, you have to remember this one important fact - 223/556 is considered in all gun circles as being "a varmint round".  In other words it is useful mainly for shooting prairie dogs, small coyote's.

I trained on the M14 (7.62/.308) back in the sixties (I'm OLD!), went to Viet Nam carrying an M14 and then that was taken away & we were given "the plastic fantastic".  I served as a Combat Medic for two tours in Viet Nam and am INFINATELY FAMILIAR with the wounds and destruction that each type of round exacted.  Believe me, if I defend my home & Family, I DO NOT want a round that is proven to be impotent for defense (unless you dump MANY rounds into your enemy), versus a round that will take DOWN the enemy you're shooting at effectively. (one round).

REMEMBER, the .223/.556, is basically a .22 caliber round used for "plinking"!  They merely elongated the case and the bullet to get the results they wanted to secure a government contract.  Us G.I.'s on the ground had no choice in the matter.  It was all done to subsidize COLT and no consideration was given for STOPPING POWER.  You've got to remember this was a "Government Decision" (we can all trust them, can't we?) at a time of financial distress within "certain arms manufacturer's" - thus it was given the green light.

Study the matter - don't take my word for it!  Or go out & try & take down a Deer or an Elk with an AR15, and see how that works for you!  You'll get arrested, in most states, for Hunting with an UNDERPOWERED RIFLE.

Hey, I'm trying to sell this Rifle because I have a rebuilt shoulder and cannot handle any shoulder impact any more.  Otherwise, this would NOT be on the market.

I apologize to those of you who love your 15, but ballistic evidence and Medical evidence do NOT lie.

5.56 >.308 $$ Not quite...  Ammoman PMC 5.56 $345/1000; PMC 308 $359/500.   Good quality brass, same mfr. almost double in price.

Well, I looked at a couple popular online sources and found that 5.56 was more. I'm sure there are vendors that may be a tad cheaper, I didn't check all of them. Still not a huge savings on 5.56 vs. .308 IMO unless of course you are shooting full auto. :)

I know of the "allure" of an AR15............  BUT, you have to remember this one important fact - 223/556 is considered in all gun circles as being "a varmint round".  In other words it is useful mainly for shooting prairie dogs, small coyote's.

I trained on the M14 (7.62/.308) back in the sixties (I'm OLD!), went to Viet Nam carrying an M14 and then that was taken away & we were given "the plastic fantastic".  I served as a Combat Medic for two tours in Viet Nam and am INFINATELY FAMILIAR with the wounds and destruction that each type of round exacted.  Believe me, if I defend my home & Family, I DO NOT want a round that is proven to be impotent for defense (unless you dump MANY rounds into your enemy), versus a round that will take DOWN the enemy you're shooting at effectively. (one round).

REMEMBER, the .223/.556, is basically a .22 caliber round used for "plinking"!  They merely elongated the case and the bullet to get the results they wanted to secure a government contract.  Us G.I.'s on the ground had no choice in the matter.  It was all done to subsidize COLT and no consideration was given for STOPPING POWER.  You've got to remember this was a "Government Decision" (we can all trust them, can't we?) at a time of financial distress within "certain arms manufacturer's" - thus it was given the green light.

Study the matter - don't take my word for it!  Or go out & try & take down a Deer or an Elk with an AR15, and see how that works for you!  You'll get arrested, in most states, for Hunting with an UNDERPOWERED RIFLE.

Hey, I'm trying to sell this Rifle because I have a rebuilt shoulder and cannot handle any shoulder impact any more.  Otherwise, this would NOT be on the market.

I apologize to those of you who love your 15, but ballistic evidence and Medical evidence do NOT lie.

Well said! Why do you think the bad guys carry an AK...7.62 round? They know what works. Unfortunately, because of weight, the M16 is still carried into battle for the US. Rounds get heavy and a major factor when you start loading down a solider with a standard ammo carry for combat not including all the gear they carry on their backs. I saw a lot of solder's in Afghanistan carrying a "boat load" of gear to go outside the wire for combat and was glad as hell it wasn't me.  God Bless the US troops, they deserve more than a pat on the back, believe me.

If you read Mark Bowden's book "Blackhawk Down", you could read how Randy Shugart was teased for totin' that big old M14 to Mogadishu....they didn't laugh much after the .308 wasn't having near the problems dropping the khat-fueled skinnies that the .223 was....that alone tells the tale.

While I appreciate the commentary, my AR is most likely not going to be a defensive weapon of choice should the need arise. Not because it's not capable, but in a home defense situation, it's not practical. In the home, my first grab would almost always be the shotgun. 12 ga. with alternating rounds of 00 Buck and a multi-defense rounds The multi-defense has one large "pellet" + 6 pellets in 00 buck size instead of the 9 pellets in a standard 00 Buck round.

Well, I looked at a couple popular online sources and found that 5.56 was more. I'm sure there are vendors that may be a tad cheaper, I didn't check all of them. Still not a huge savings on 5.56 vs. .308 IMO unless of course you are shooting full auto. :)

check ammoman.com, bulk ammo delivered to your door for the prices I listed.  Almost half the cost for 5.56 vs 7.62.   Not that I'm advocating one over the other, each has their place and I have both.

I did say about double the price for .308.  Or actually I said almost double, in either case this was a rebuttal to the person who said 5.56 cost more than .308.

No offense, but your math is WAY off.

1000 rounds of 5.56 for $345

http://www.ammoman.com/223-556

500 rounds of 7.62 for $359 

http://www.ammoman.com/308-762x51

That's half the rounds for $14 more.