A Little Clean Up

Bigfoot

I decided to do some needed work on the Blue Devil today. I don't have all the fancy tools some of you guys do, so I have to use elbow grease.

Went and bought the following:

20150726_120621_zpsgojr9yhd.jpg

I'm doing a section at a time. I'm shocked at what the clay bar does to the surface of the paint. Just amazing. So far I did the roof and rear deck lid. I like how it's turning out. Not as good as you guys with all the other goods...but I'm happy.

20150726_120241_zpsgudqvpdl.jpg

Dude ... lookin good ... I do have a PC and pads if you'd like to borrow some day. Yes to your clay bar statement...magic!

We all started out doing this by hand, with far less quality products than you have now.

Old Tshirts, terry cloth towels, rubbing compound, and carnauba wax... Awww the old days :ack

Of course microfiber. Bought several new ones just for this today.

BTW goalngo, when you use that font it makes your posts nearly impossible to read. I have to zoom the screen in to read it.

Try Zaino protective finish! It doesn't leave any white chalky residue to clean up. Its easy to apply and buff off. It's really good stuff! Just did the whole clay bar double wash and 3 coats of Zaino on Chameleon's black Vette. She has become a Zaino convert. 

SLAMMER 

They didn't have Zaino, but this stuff wiped off very nicely and I don't have any white residue either. :neener_neener:   :neener_neener:

Nice work. A little bit at a time in this heat is a good thing.

Guest Mikey

I attended a detail workshop that Adam with Adam's products presented. I learned that if you also clay bar the windshield, it helps to get rid of the hazy sand blasted look.

And since your cleaning the windshield, when your done with everything else, get some carnauba wax and put the lightest coat you can on the glass, I'm talking the smallest dab on he pad spread as far as you can until the pad is dry before you dip it in the can again.  let It dry completely and buff off. 

It will add that little sparkle to the glass and keeps it easier to clean. 

Did the windshield and hood a few days ago and did the left side this morning before it got too hot.

She repels dust so much better now. :lol

Still have the right side, nose and rear to do.

NXT is a great wax, been using it for several years.

I use the NXT . Great product. The trick is to let it dry completely for several hours before removal.