PLEASE READ software changes/upgrade

Desertdawg

Java script is this issue right now. Like I told a Chad on his attachment issue its JS XML. 

My repair ticket was updated today that the issue is being bubbled up so hopefully in the next day or two they get it figured out. 

Can I be the first to say it? This update sucks! Can we roll it back, which I doubt.

I would agree with you Jim, if it was just the one issue...some of which I see on three different platforms. This reply was done in Safari and it acted just like Chrome did when I first opened the reply window.

And still no attachment link.

Sean I believe the inability to type is a software issue tied to iOS compatibility. I have that problem too. I just had it starting this reply.  I closed the keyboard and reopened. Bingo it worked. I think the lack of the attachment link is a setting issue on your machines. I'm on an iPad too. I am using Safari with Java on because FB demands Java. 

I'm with Eddie, almost no issues. Here's what I tried.

Company IBM laptop running IE, zero issues.

ipad air, newest IOS running safari, only issue is the keyboard not popping up immediately. 

Iphone 6+ newest IOS running safari, zero issues at all. 

Ipad 2 IOS 3.2 running safari, only issue is when I'm in the admin CP changing settings.

Tom, why do you think it sucks? I've only seen you post about the logo.

Ok Sean, I flipped the attachment switch a few times, it's was a bit rusty but I think I got it working for your account now...

VenomOnWheels

Question: How do I enter edit mode on a forum post already submitted?

Comment: One advanced editor feature I miss is the indent function.

Personal laptop - IE 11 zero issues.  Initially had an issue because I was site was in "compatibility view".  Fixed that, reset defaults, boom all fixed.  Upgraded to IE 11 just to see how it works, nice and fine

Company laptop - IE 10 zero issues

Personal tablet - Android using Chrome zero issues

Personal phone iPhone 4 - IOS 7.1.2 using Safari zero issues

Company phone iPhone 5 - IOS 8.4 using Safari zero issues

I have to be honest, compared to other updates we've had over the years I think this one has gone the smoothest.  There's always some glitches, as software advances things just won't always "be like they were".  I wonder if, as folks might remember, a couple years ago there was a security issue with Java and advice at that time was to turn Java off, I wonder if folks have Java turned off or disabled to some level and maybe that is part of the issue

Does an iPad have an App Manager function where you can clear a cache? 

I'm with Eddie, almost no issues. Here's what I tried.

Company IBM laptop running IE, zero issues.

ipad air, newest IOS running safari, only issue is the keyboard not popping up immediately. 

Iphone 6+ newest IOS running safari, zero issues at all. 

Ipad 2 IOS 3.2 running safari, only issue is when I'm in the admin CP changing settings.

Tom, why do you think it sucks? I've only seen you post about the logo.

Phone and other settings that I'm just not going to even bother with. It's more like MS rolling out a new OS...like 7 going to 8 and now 10 in a few days. I'm sure it will be fun relearning. :( I guess I don't like change just for the heck of it. Why fix something that's not broke.

Reply issues:

When quoting a post, if I go in the quoted material to remove a portion of it because I am responding to only one item, once I have placed my cursor inside the box of text I am quoting, I am unable to then place my cursor outside of the quoted area to write my reply.

There does not appear to be a cancel button if I start to write a reply, and decide I wish to cancel.

The two items above have revealed another issue.  My cursor is stuck in the quoted area of a reply I started. I can't get the cursor out of the quoted area, I can't cancel what I have done so far, and logging out of the forum and back in, when I click reply that same partially formed post comes up.  I can't finish it, and I cannot get rid of it either.

Reply issues:

When quoting a post, if I go in the quoted material to remove a portion of it because I am responding to only one item, once I have placed my cursor inside the box of text I am quoting, I am unable to then place my cursor outside of the quoted area to write my reply.

The two items above have revealed another issue.  My cursor is stuck in the quoted area of a reply I started. I can't get the cursor out of the quoted area, I can't cancel what I have done so far, and logging out of the forum and back in, when I click reply that same partially formed post comes up.  I can't finish it, and I cannot get rid of it either.

i just quoted and deleted a line without problem.  Like Sean I wonder how much is system related.  As you know I'm no geek so I don't have the answers, just noting experience.  

Question: How do I enter edit mode on a forum post already submitted?

Comment: One advanced editor feature I miss is the indent function.

right now the edit mode is limited to 1 minute. I saw that setting but was hunting for another and haven't made it back to increase that time frame. 

I'll see if I can get the indent feature active again. 

Phone and other settings that I'm just not going to even bother with. It's more like MS rolling out a new OS...like 7 going to 8 and now 10 in a few days. I'm sure it will be fun relearning. :( I guess I don't like change just for the heck of it. Why fix something that's not broke. 

honestly, I didn't change a single setting on any of my devices. What issues are you having and what settings have you had to change?

change for the heck if it ???  Do I need to quote your multiple posts about the avatar issue ???  That was just one bug you saw. 

Reply issues:

There does not appear to be a cancel button if I start to write a reply, and decide I wish to cancel.

Donna, this is a multi quote post with multiple edits and several reloads to change content on my phone  

The system is working pretty damn good right now. 

Cancel button, select all. Erase.  

Other than the snag about getting the full smiley list (and the duplicate smilies that have existed in the last two updates) and the short term edit issue, I certainly miss having a line or something to separate one post from the next and that no post number is evident.

Full smilie list - I think we are stuck with it.

Duplicate smilies - which ones so I can edit. 

I miss the defined separation between posts too. When I get caught up I'll look into it as well as some color again. 

Posts numbering was a big discussion on IPS's forum. The tech's say it was a hassle and they saw lots of data base errors after threads get edited. So it was nixxed. 

You can still hot link to a specific post though, look at the top right of a post, there is a faint set of tools, one of them is a linking tool. 

Without the ability to see a big chunk of the smilies at the same time, it's hard to find the duplicates. I tried to print them without success, so here's the alternative. You can play match 'em.

:banghead:o:P:cone:ack:rolleyes:):wub:(:unsure:blink:cool:cuss:bs:burnout:angel:lol:cheers:drinkers:dupe:eek:agree:withstupid:lurk:flag:U:rant:howdy:huh:smilelol:thumbs:troll:yesnod:bang:confused:cfdeadagain:deadhorse:jester:3gears::nopity:rolf:spam:toetap:willy:devil:party:boxing:happybday:angelsad:leaving:hunter:xfinger:bowtie:burnout2:jd:clap:crazy:twitch:2cents:hat:chris:huh::ninja::driving::bump::nicethread::popcorn::ACE::grphug::banannadance::banannasword::banannarainbow::devilwinking::devil10::partycandle::markdrink::partydance::partydj::partyspin::partygrnhat::rockon2::wave1::wave2::yeah::wave3::excl::mellow::andrew::beerbang::silly::eddie2::tony::ken::buc::cop::scareddriver::edward::bestwishes::bolt::beer::confetti::disappearingninja::duel::evil::funnypost::hijack::goodnight::loser::noevil::neener_neener::nutkick::galletos::ok::palmas::pensativo::roto::stooges::thankyouthankyou::tach::tontopallus::tv::welcome2::whip::wizard::highfive::black vette::evil smoking::phil evil::evil transform::hehehe::party5::partyblower::peace::gun5::jaws::gun1::gun3::gun2::gun4::laughingdog::armed::checkerdflag::couch::down::hang::eat::lies::snky::skull::squish::starfighter::wtf::toilet::Tehshifter::buffer::nothing::flamer::Ignore::fastdraw::knee::ED::caveman::ack::bananaparty::rimshot::twitch::thups::crazy::wink::birthday::bounce015::boo::bounce017::busted::chill-pill::cheer::circle::ditto::fuzzy::FaShizzle::nospam::pirate::Pfffff::Score-101010::sorry::surrender::sucks::twak::gun6::wasntme::weirdo::whacky001::work::what::Orange::ohsnap::yourock::LolLol::melissa::peter::cherye::jim::ahhhh::Dave::Jake::hdrone::drunk::owned:

I tried to edit my Profile and it keeps giving me the error that Arizona is not allowed and Male is not allowed.  I am trying to add birth date?  My profile already has arizona and Male selected.  Also requires you to put location in and that doesn't work either.  I am using PC with Firefox.

Ok Sean, I flipped the attachment switch a few times, it's was a bit rusty but I think I got it working for your account now... 

Hey Sean .....  :cfdeadagain

The gender and state issue is on hold, if the JS fix doesn't fix it I'll add it to the repair request. 

Hey Sean .....  :cfdeadagain

Yeah I know, I posted a pic yesterday in that other thread.

Still wacky issues with the reply window though. Especially what Donna said about when the cursor goes in the quoted window. Took me 5 tries to get this one post in.

Okay, I waited, thinking this would resolve itself thru some miracle, but...

Using my ancient....but free, 'Prism' android phone, I still cannot post replies, access teh 'menu' in upper right hand corner, or use teh 'previous' or 'next' buttons to go forward or back in threads. 

How old is ancient???

word is the bug fix should be out in the next couple of days, I thought there was a work around but the tech's said to wait for the patch since anything else applied to fix our problem is glitchy. 

I have questions in for tag line issues, typing issues, profile state and gender issues, and the outside link issue. 

Everyone remember, Rome was not built in a day, this will take a bit of time to sort out and we aren't the only forum having these issues.  The software developers need to learn what the issues are so the can troubleshoot.  There is only so much Dwayne can do, the rest is on the software and programming end.

Be patient, It might even take a couple of weeks to get sorted out.  Report (and be calm about it) the issue here so fix tickets can be generated

Thanks,

Teh Commish

Is there any reason that I can not post a reply in the  ACE Deals section?  The picture in Dean's B-Day thread wasn't that bad....

Is there any reason that I can not post a reply in the  ACE Deals section?  The picture in Dean's B-Day thread wasn't that bad....

That was set that way initially to keep from having too much banter (we do tend to veer off topic at times around here) on the vendor threads.  Something to check into!