NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Cheaper Auto Insurance for Veterans

NDAGRUV

I used to have State Farm Insurance. Had it since I was 20 (MANY moons ago!), but never felt that I was getting "a fair shake" on any of my hot rods, collector cars, that I have had over the years.

Then I recently heard about USAA, and finally pursued getting a quote from them.

WOW!! What a difference!! They offered me coverage and products that I didn't even know existed. Plus, they covered my 2008 Cooksey, and if it was totaled they would pay me 20% MORE than "the agreed value" - as that was an option they offered.

I jumped onboard and have had nothing but great experiences with them thus far!

Also, with all the "options" I was given, or selected, it was still $720.00 per year CHEAPER than State Farm!! That's covering TWO cars.

Bottom line - If you are a Veteran, OR have a Veteran in your family tree (as I understand it), you are eligible for their coverage. Call & check 'em out - the worst they can do is say no!

I want to make it perfectly clear - I AM IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH ANY INSURANCE OUTFIT. I'M JUST A RETIRED COMBAT VETERAN THAT WANTS TO SHARE WHAT I HAVE FOUND WITH MY FRIENDS. I GET NOTHING FROM MAKING THESE STATEMENTS!

If this helps even one person, it will be worth the post!

GOD BLESS ALL!

ndagruv

Have been with USSA for a while now. Great company with lots of perks for vets. I can remember though back in 99 that even as a retired vet, they wouldn't let me be a member since I wasn't active duty anymore nor an officer. I wasn't happy with them back then about that. I guess they smartened up a bit since then. :)

Extender32

I've been a USAA member since 1992 and IMO,they do offer the cheapest insurance around. I have also have my mortgage and auto loans through them and their car buying service is 2nd to none.

It must depend on location because although they are about $100 less than Geico for my auto insurance, they are almost double for homeowner's so the total is still cheaper through Geico. I shop it every year. Allstate is a little cheaper than Geico on combined but not worth hassle to change right now (about $40).

Guest badbobs95

Monique treats me just fine.

Could you expand on that a little? I'm kinda board right now and could use a pick-me-up! Sounds hot though! :boobies:

Could you expand on that a little? I'm kinda board right now and could use a pick-me-up! Sounds hot though! :boobies:

Could you explain how you are board. Is that like a woodie and how would that exist if you still needed a pick-me-up?

I've always loved USAA. 22 years ago if someone had insurance with them and called me for a quote, I wouldn't give it to them. I'd tell them to stay put and they're good. This year, call after call of complaints about their claims issues. I don't know what's happened to their integrity, but something is up and it's not good.

Hopefully they'll go back to the way they were. Very disappointing because they used to be a stand up company.

Thank you!

• 1 year later...

I noticed that my Hagerty coverage went up $50 a year, mainly due to uninsured and under-insured coverage.

Can anybody recommend better coverage for "exotic" coverage which is how my 2003 is rated.  And it lets me drive it as long as I can show another car for the daily driver.

27 minutes ago, az57chevy said:

I noticed that my Hagerty coverage went up $50 a year, mainly due to uninsured and under-insured coverage.

Can anybody recommend better coverage for "exotic" coverage which is how my 2003 is rated.  And it lets me drive it as long as I can show another car for the daily driver.

I write with haggerty but prefer a different company I write everything with. The other company is good on claims and less expensive. I insure my own Vette there. I can give you a quote in the morning if you call me. 480-570-7957

• Upvote 1