NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Passinger Window Problem

Recon

The passenger window goes up a few inches and stops; it retracts down again with no problem. So, I assume the motor is still working. I hate to start taking of the door panel off to see what the problem is. Any suggestions or recommendations? What would you do? Thanks

post-1939-0-42402600-1435696537_thumb.jp

joe@cpr.com

it's the window motor/regulator assembly, did you recently hit around 50k miles? If so that's when they seem to always fail lol.

No, I'm at about 27K for mileage. Maybe it just old age? I guess everything wears out. Even me ...Thanks

I bought my 2002 with 28k miles. In the first month, my passenger regulator went bad and stuck halfway up (I'm an optimist). It just happens.

Four years later, I had to do the driver's side, also.

Open the door, pull the accordion protecting the wires off to one side, jiggle the wiring while trying to operate the window. See if that gets it to re-engage. Here's a blurb off teh big board:

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/1739514-passenger-door-lock-and-window-inop.html

If it were stuck in a position with no response, I would agree. But with it still going down, I would think the regulator is the problem. Pretty easy fix. It will take more time to adjust the new regulator then anything else. Don't forget to buy some new door panel pins, as you will break at least one.

Will give the jiggle thing a try and see what happens. Thanks for the feelback, link and assist. Will let you know what happens...

After you're done wiggling your tube, go ahead and get a replacement regulator. :)

I would recommend calling Ed Stralko at Coulter Cadillac. He is an ACE member and can get you a discount on a genuine GM part. His name on here is 1evilC6

My 2015 C7 has the same problem and i only have 3K on it. The good thing is mine is still under warranty.

After you're done wiggling your tube, go ahead and get a replacement regulator. :)

I would recommend calling Ed Stralko at Coulter Cadillac. He is an ACE member and can get you a discount on a genuine GM part. His name on here is 1evilC6

Thanks for the contact...

• 2 weeks later...

if you find out its a bad regulator, go with an oe one, they rarely need to be adjusted after replacement compared to every other year with some cheaper ones.

• 1 month later...

My C5 is experiencing the same issues.  But it goes up 3/4 of the way.  Really optimistic!!  Was it the regulator for you?