WTB Window AC Unit

Eddie44

I have a co-worker looking for a good used window AC unit. Anyone have one sitting around unused?

Bromley's Corvettes

If he does not find a deal on a used one I just bought a new one from WalMart 5k btu with remote for $216.00. Works great:)

How many BTU's does he need based on square footage and how well insulated? Also, 110V or is 220V available. 15,000 BTU units are about max on 110V. Size of opening already or made based on unit purchased? I can check my HD and others for a returned unit. This time of year a number of units are purchased, usually by a landlord to get tenants by until the house unit is repaired. Then they return the unit. We call this the HD rental program. Item marked down to sell again. Plus I can usually drop the price some more.

Chas

He found some on CL but the want almost retail. He's helping out a friend that's down and out financially. He's been looking at 8-12000 BTU and 110v.

Bromley's Corvettes

Sorry its a 8k unit my office is about 300sq feet and it works good as long as people dont keep opening the door every few mins lol. It does not get super cold after 2pm but still way cooler then in the shop. To really make it super cold I would need another 8k unit.

Bromley's Corvettes

I like that a/c unit Bob:) I bet that sucker would get my office real cold. Nice and warm in the winter too:)