NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

DPS "Fix it" ticket for Illegal Tint

08Z51

Ace holes,

Has anyone here had the experience of receiving a fix it ticket from DPS for window tint that is too dark?

I have 5 days to respond.

Please let me know how you handled this situation.

Thanks

Rob

With invoices being typed on computers now, find the name of a legitimate shop, type up your own invoice, show it to the judge, and he will dismiss the ticket.

Alternative is to actually get the windows tinted lighter, and show him the invoice.

Azmotorhead

Old truck got tickted in GB on the way to the dunes. Got hit for tinted windshield. Don't know how DPS spotted that travelling the opposite direction at 45MPH

Threw the ticket in the glove box and forgot about it

If your tint is too dark, you can either change to legal tint or run the risk of getting more repair orders or a citation.

If it does not get sent back in, nothing happens. There is no database of repair order stops.

You do run the chance of being stopped by the same officer and getting two citations, one for the tint and one for not complying with the original repair order.

Hope this helps.

A cheaper solution would be to ride around with your windows down.

A cheaper solution would be to ride around with your windows down.

And tint the airspace?

do you have a garage friend? Have him sign off and invoice that it was removed and mail a copy of what your ticket. Done deal

Dps gave me a tint ticket while my windows were down! They had no idea my windows were tinted. He told me to roll my window up then proceeded to check them. He gave me my ticket,I then ripped off my tint went to my neighborhood police station and asked to buy off the ticket. He told me did I take off the tint? I said yes he asked why? Uhh... Cause I got a ticket! He said next time don't take off the tint come in explain what happened and they would buy it off! He said DPS had better things to do! He also said his patrol car tint was darker that mine. In so many words he said they were jerks! Oh! He said I was a victim of racial profiling!

post-2210-0-96290100-1434692076_thumb.jp

Thank You.

I received a illegal tint citation 7 years ago on the same vehicle. I had to pay a fine, but did not have to remove the tint.

That was DPS in Mesa. I was stopped just outside of Rye, at the bottom of the big hill coming from Payson this time.

I was speeding, but the officer was cool and did not even mention the speeding part, just the dark tint.

SInce I am a Veteran and have Veteran plates, he thanked me for my service and proceeded with the tint warning.

This is not a "ticket" like the last time, this is simply a warning that I am out of compliance.

I appreciate the advice.

Be safe and cool.

Rob

With invoices being typed on computers now, find the name of a legitimate shop, type up your own invoice, show it to the judge, and he will dismiss the ticket.

Alternative is to actually get the windows tinted lighter, and show him the invoice.

I got a call at my shop from a DEQ waiver station. Someone wanted a waiver and had a fake Receipt for emissions repairs that was done at my shop. I looked through my records, we had not worked on the vehicle and the person was not in my database.

I have no clue what the end results were. But they thanked me for the info. I gave them.

I got a call at my shop from a DEQ waiver station. Someone wanted a waiver and had a fake Receipt for emissions repairs that was done at my shop. I looked through my records, we had not worked on the vehicle and the person was not in my database.

I have no clue what the end results were. But they thanked me for the info. I gave them.

Oops. Fraud is bad... M'kay?