NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Which Would You Get

Bigfoot

Exhuast  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, gonna try again....

Price is between $400 and $600 used. If sound is the only consideration (not performance), what would you chose for a stock C5?

OK, it worked....

Thanks in advance for you participation.

I have a set of Borla Stinger duals on my Z and compared to the PRT's on my old Z they suck!!

The sound and resonance freq /dB issues depend on other exhaust mods!!

Headers, different cats, x-pipe vs h-pipe, 2 1/2 vs 3"!

If you decide on Stingers and aren't in a big hurry, that could help finance my PRT's!!

BTW, I didn't vote.

ken

I'd get the stock titanium Z06 muffs for about $400 on eBay. They weigh half as much as the others listed and don't produce annoying resonance around 2000 rpm in 5th and 6th gear cruising on the freeway.

They don't do much to the tone of the exhaust though!

Mine has Magna Flow, it's pretty tame, so for sound I would vote Eddie's Borla's....

P.S. I loved the Borla mufflers I had on the 82. :thumbs

Boy, dead heat so far. :D

The only ones that I've heard (where I was told what they are) is the B&B Bullets...and I did like those. Maybe if I can make it to the Saturday lunch, some of you guys with after markets can let me hear them. :cool

:bs

Why would you want just the mufflers when you can get a whole Z06 for $600????

Why :bs ??? and where would one get whole Z06 system for $600?

I'm more interested in sound than performance. I'll eventually get headers and hi-flow cats. But one step at a time.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Duane, I think that comment went over his head! LOL.

Anyway, I would go for the B&B Bullets if you want it to sound meanand it has the most hp gains PROVEN time and time again. Nuff said.

I have a friend with a used C5 exhaust for sale, I think on the cheap side like $400.00 and its all stainless steel. I think its the stingers or the B&B, I know its not the Corsa.

BTW, I have a Corsa X pipe never used, if you get a Corsa exhaust you'll want the X pipe.

I have the Corsa and love it. I have the LG motorsports Pro series long tubes with the x pipe and my exhaust turns all heads. :thumbs

Anyway, I sent him a PM, I'll post it up for you as soon as I get it sorted out.

B&B's here! I'd make the same purchase again, its been a "night and day" difference in the attitude of our car. Headers next! :devil

Anyway, I would go for the B&B Bullets if you want it to sound meanand it has the most hp gains PROVEN time and time again. Nuff said.

Sorry Tanya!! :bs:bs:bs

Do I have to post a link to the vid of Bullet vs PRT again??

You have LG long tubes and Mark has crappy TPIS 'midtubes' and blows you away on sound!!

WARNING

This is my opinion and I am a hostile witness!! :rolf:rolf

Ken

Guest XLR8TNC5

Sorry Tanya!! :bs:bs:bs

Do I have to post a link to the vid of Bullet vs PRT again??

You have LG long tubes and Mark has crappy TPIS 'midtubes' and blows you away on sound!!

WARNING

This is my opinion and I am a hostile witness!! :rolf:rolf

Ken

I raise you your Triple :bs and say mine sound better!!!! Marks mom says so!!!! And our pool guy, our satellite dish guy, our patio decking guy, and the neighbors!!! lol. Just because you Corvette people like the PRT's better doesn't mean you know what you are talking about!!! lol....

And yeah, as a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind getting that video from you again of the sound differences. Do you have the video of my 11.9 second run Mark made in My car as well? I have been wanting to add it to my MySpace page! lol.

HIJACK OVER! Sorry Bigfoot!

I think so. :lol:howdy:thumbs

Here you go!!

Corvette exhaust sound

BTW- Google video allows 2 GB files but then your pallet is full!!

Ken

Tanya, you know I have every pic or vid I ever took!!

Finding it may be a bigger mountain to climb!!

Definitely like the first one (Tanya's) better. What kind is the second one?

He emailed me back already and he said,

"Its a stainless Bassani with 3.5" round tips(2 tips total)"

He was asking what I thought it was worth? I don't know, I was just going to tell him $350.00 to $400.00

I can pick it up tomorrow.

Does anyone have any feedback on this catback system?

Later,