NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

*update* To Column Lock

Guest Sidewinder

Guest Sidewinder

So after doing some research for a week or two on how the Column Lock functions, I ordered a column lock bypass from COH. Now keep in mind the lock motor (bzzzt) you hear when you insert and remove your key had stopped working and the car thought it was locked even though I had disabled the bzzzt already and the car would shut fuel off @ 2 mph. So I installed the CLB (about 7 mins) and proceeded to sync the BCM to the CLB by pulling the BCM fuses in the passenger footwell for a minute. Long story short.... :burnout

Works like champ. I avoided having to get it towed to the dealer for work AND having to get the 'puter reflashed with the correct tune. A big thanks to Nic for all the PM's on the "driving with the stock tune" questions I had :flag .

:drinkers:drinkers

:bang Good job Mark! I bet you're Tanya's hero! :lol

The CLB was the first "mod" I did when we got the car. :thumbs I think it was like the first thread I clicked on CF, and I knew with my luck that biotch would lock up at the worst possible time. :eek

Guest XLR8TNC5

Hero??? He has ALWAYS been my hero. And not just because he is my in-house live in mechanic who works for beer and...........um never mind..... :cone

Anyway, absolutely, he is my hero. :clap:clap Oh my gosh,,,, I think Im going to go for a drive tonight.

Hmmm, maybe I will go out to the track now on Friday. If not Friday, then FO SHO for the Club Day! Yeah baby! Oh my gosh, I am soooooooo excited my baby is fixed.....

THANK YOU MARKY HONEY!!!!!!

Signed,

Back on the road again................so..........get out of my way! lol

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks again Mark. :thumbs I installed my CLB this evening. It took about 40 minutes.

Can you say... peace of mind? :yesnod

:agree:yesnod

• 4 months later...