NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Led Replacements For 1156, 1157 Etc.??

Phill's Vette

Phill's Vette

I have seen LED replacement bulbs for most all the bulbs in my 82, the LED's are much brighter which would especially help with the dullish running and brake lights.

* Is anyone using these?

* Do you like them?

* Any problems?

* Which brand?

* LED count per bulb?

Thanks!! :flag

this is where i buy my LEDs

http://autolumination.com/

i am not running anything outside the vehicle yet as far as LEDs go, i would be careful with LED tail/brake lights - Chris has a real good return policy - but i would check with him before you order -

i plan on replacing my license plate lights with LEDs, and possibly my backup lights at a later date - but all i have so far is my interior bulbs done!

One of the guys I know posted this a few months ago....

I got em in, and I gotta say I was disappointed! They were not as bright as regular bulbs and made the red tail lights look kinda orange. I put the old ones back in.

Now on the other hand I did replace all my dash light bulbs with Blue LED's a while back and they made a nice improvement by making the dash a little brighter and alot easier to see at night. The only draw back is you lose a bit of the dimmer control function by using them.

I'm very pleased with the WLED-6 lights. I always hated how dim the stock bulbs were and these really made an improvement. Not too bright at all but better to see the gages.

Here's where he got the dash bulbs from...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

Phill's Vette

Thanks for the info! :thumbs

I ordered some LED bulbs for the 1157's and some 168's LED for the side markers; also some blue LED's for the gauges. I'll post my results when I get them in. :flag