NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Digital Dash

azslim

my digital dash in my 84 just started to act up. The website for says it's typical of broken or loose ground. Both turn signal lights and the bright lights indicator stay on the dash. the dash dims. It's intermittent. Has anyone else had this problem and if so whats the fix. :banghead:banghead:banghead

This is probably the best there is for online help with your 84...

http://www.batee.com/corvette/index.shtml

Or, Here's a fix you can try...

Just pull your dash apart and re solder the broken ground pin (left-most) on the interconnect header.

It looks like this from the back of the PB:

borkedsolder.JPG

Thanks Dawg,

that's a scary thought...pulling the cluster out,but sometimes bad is bad! I'm going to look for a loose or broken ground in the engine compartment first as suggested at that site.

P.S. I switched to Meguire's tire gel. I used to use Eagle one. That stuff put black all over the quarter panels every time I drove. The Meguire's stays on the tires. Thanks for the tip.

Thom :thumbs

Just be sure to only use a thin coating of the gel, it will splatter if you lay it on thick, I found out the hard way, trying to get some old tires looking better, at least it wasn't the vette.....

Good luck with the dash, keep us posted. And if you want some real good help you should go post over on the CFI forum. There's some guys there that really know how those things work...

http://www.crossfire.homeip.net/ :thumbs

• 1 year later...

just wondering how this ended, or was fixed. i am affraid i will be traveling down the same road soon. my highbeam indicater is acting up. it will be real bright and then over a course of about ten minutes it dims down to nothing before flickering back on real bright.

Hi Brian, Well the good news for me anyway is it cleared its self. I think when the engine was cleaned to look for a leak the moisture cause the problem. Here in the valley the heat dried it out after a few days . Had me worried. I hope your's doesn't give you grief. It didn't sound like fun to pull the dash and send out for repair or even do it yourself. I just keep my fingers crossed.