NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

We Thought We Broke Our 6wk Old Zo6

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth

We were driving our ZO6 on Tuesday evening and noticed a nasty squeeling from the rear passenger wheel area. We thought it was a wheel bearing going bad or it might have been the rear end that was injured in some way (we do drive it pretty hard). I called the dealership (Power Chev at Camelback and 27th ave) on Wednesday and they sent a tow truck to our house in Gilbert to take it all the way there to find out what was wrong. The mechanic did not get a chance to look at it until Thursday. The service manager drove it from the tow truck drop off to the mechanic's stall and they thought that something broke in the rear brakes from how it sounded. Well, when my wife got the call as to what happened she was floored. A piece of blue paper approx 3 inches by 2 inches was stuck between the brake caliper and the brake itself. When we asked how often this happens, as we are new Corvette owners, the response was, "This is the first time we have ever seen this happen!" Lucky us! They actually had to get an override from Chevy to authorize the tow truck down there because there was nothing broken after all was done. That piece of paper in there literally made it sound like a wheel bearing was going bad. Has anyone ever had a similar experience????? Or, are we just the chosen ones? :confused

I would suggest trying to keep your YELLOW vette away from all blue paper, It must be a conspiracy .... :willy

They suck alot of crap into the radiator but I've never heard of it sucking stuff into the brakes.

Guest UVETTYA
I would suggest trying to keep your YELLOW vette away from all blue paper, It must be a conspiracy .... :willy

Dang, is that what happened to Robert's car? Hit a piece of blue paper at 140 with his YELLER car and WHAM, it's now green? :D

That's not the strangest thing I've heard of but definitely a first. Imagine the odds of that piece of paper ending up in there all by itself. :crazy That's almost as odd as the pencil lead found in the distributor cap of that kid who used to pick on me in high school... :leaving

I'm glad it wasn't something more serious, and you're lucky they didn't make you pay for the tow. I've heard of instances where people took their cars in for warranty work and had to pay for the labor when they couldn't find anything wrong. :bs

Similar thing happened to my Grand Prix, Mine wasn't blue paper, it was an old dried up leaf. Man did that thing sqwal!!! :willy

I think if you had a red vette that none of this would have happened. Yellow stuff just happens. :bang :D