NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

F1 Supercar Tire Repair

TEXAZC6

Anyone had experience with repairing runflats. I have to go to the dealer next week for a window tint issue and I have a big ole tack in my RR tire. Dealer said they cannot repair and you have to buy a new tire. Anyone heard this before or is it true?

Tire has not lost air and tack is still in there nad a call to Discount Tire and they said it is repairable.

Dealer mentioned something about affecting speed rating, etc. Any truth to this? I can't imagine Goodyear would make them unrepairable. :bs

Edited for spelling -2 pts :leaving

Anyone had experience with repairing runflats. I have to go to the dealer next week for a window tint issue and I have a big ole tack in my RR tire. Dealer said they cannot repair and you have to buy a new tire. Anyone heard this before or is it true?

Tire has not lost air and tack is still in there nad a call to Discount Tire and they said it is repairable.

Dealer mentioned something about affecting speed rating, etc. Any truth to this? I can't imagine Goodyear would make them unrepairable. :bs

Edited for spelling -2 pts :leaving

I had a slow leak in one of mine a few months ago. Had a small screw removed and the tire was patched by a Goodyear/Gemini tire dealer. Your tire warranty covers the repair as long as you have decent tread left.

Goodyear should be able to repair it as long as it isn't in the sidewall.

I've heard the Disount Ttire has the right equipment to remove and re-install the suoercar tires according to some wheel manufacturrs.

Had a nail in one of mine a few months back, dealer said nope and so did Discount, due to the location of the puncture. So I had to get 2 new rears, so they would both match, and I thank Glen (ICULUKIN) for the tires. As far as the speed rating, anytime a plug or a patch goes on a tire it makes sense to me that the speed rating could be affected, the tires original design has been altered. :2cents Good luck and hope it can be repaired!