NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Corvette Ss

ICULUKN

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/...let-corvette-ss

6061010.001.1M.jpg

This might look like an ‘ordinary’ Z06 with a funky hood scoop, but our photographer’s tuned ears tell us this Corvette is anything but ordinary!

Our shooter claims that the sound coming from the engine could only be a supercharged 6.2-liter V8, and our sources speculate that this Corvette is pushing nearly 650 horsepower! And when the Corvette SS goes to production – expect the price tag to be in the $100,000 range (appr. 85 000 Euros).

The supercharged V8 will utilize an integrated intake manifold intercooler, and it’s expected to run 0-100 in under 3.5 seconds. The super-hot SS will weigh even less than the Z06, utilizing more carbon fibre in the body, as well as polycarbonate material.

The 6.2-liter V8 will be built at GM's Performance Center in Wixom, Michigan, with annual production numbers expected to be in the 1500 to 2000 range. Production on the Supercharged Corvette, also known as the Blue Devil, will start in the first quarter of 2008 (as a 2009 model). As for its exact name – well, we’re hearing everything from Corvette SS, to Z07, from Blue Devil to resurrecting the Stingray name!

:dupe and you started the first thread too!!! Blue Devil thread:lol Are you sharing the Ambien? J/K :D

I think they should re-style the hood to pay homage to the '67 big-block stinger or even the early big-block C3! That thing is ugly! :lol

I think a Stinger 67 type hood would be killer especialy if they incorporated the opening in the front into it. :thumbs That one looks like S&%$.

3,503 lbs of trouble
http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/...let-corvette-ss

6061010.001.1M.jpg

This might look like an ‘ordinary’ Z06 with a funky hood scoop, but our photographer’s tuned ears tell us this Corvette is anything but ordinary!

Talking about anything but ordinary, tonight I was discussing "Corvette Hybrid" with a GM engineer from Michigan.

Robert and Elizabeth

That hood "growth" has got to go! :U What ever happened to the C6R hood it was supposed to have???? I don't know about those "spy" pix as far as the look of the car goes. But, any car with approx 650 HP that can have a 100K mile warrarnty is a smokin deal! I heard from our physician friend (who has a 2006 Viper) that Dodge is skipping the 2007 Viper model year and will be coming out with a 625 HP model in 2008. This ought to be good competition between the two rivals as usual.

Corvette Hybrid, hmmmm. Would be interesting what they could get that car up to in MPH. But like most Hybrids, the price tag will jump.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Corvette Hybrid, hmmmm. Would be interesting what they could get that car up to in MPH. But like most Hybrids, the price tag will jump.

Before any bad rumors start, let me say that as far as I know, there are no plans for any such car that I am aware of. The topic developed from a conversation about how GM is currently applying their hybrid technology, and I jokingly said "Just as long as it does not find it's way into Corvette" thinking that was purely absurd. At that point I was educated on how the technology can be adapted for performance rather than economy, and that another manufacturer is already playing with it. It was fascinating.

I have read on other forums that this is a test mule so who knows what the final look will be. Can't be letting out all of the secrets just yet. Sure hope that fugly hood scoop goes away. :ack:ack:ack

Guest greg schroeder

The 3.5 second 0 - 100 would be in kilomoters per hour. :yesnod

The car would be cool to see in production with a better hood. Then again at a glance you could tell the regular Z06 from the super charged.

• 3 weeks later...

I bet thats not the final product, remember how much they hid the C6 before it came out.

If you look close, there's some pretty sharp edges across the top of those fenders, I don't see them changing the look that much from the C6...