NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

82 Nose Emblems - Two Different Styles??

Phill's Vette

Phill's Vette

Pictured are two nose emblems for an 82.

Top emblem has a black Chevrolet insignia

Bottom emblem has a tan Chevrolet insignia

Everything else is the same :crazy:crazy

Which is stock OEM for an 82?

Was there two different emblems made?

Is one one these an after market?

The Tan one was an eBay purchase and the Black one came with the car and unkown if it is the original.

Thanks!

35d0nqe.jpg

Correct 1982 emblem colors are like this... (Of course your's won't have the CE ring.)

Other than the ring, all 82's had the same version of the flags.

THis picture is not color corrected. Chevy insignia should be yellowish gold looking.

Yep, same flags as the CE... :thumbs

You know Phil, the top emblem might be correct, is there a hole (inset) where the black is on the Chevy emblem? if so then it's possible that the color chip has popped out. I have a couple of CE emblems like that on the checkered flag side where the white chip is missing. plus the amount of where on the top one makes me believe it's just really worn out. Look at where it should be black around the flags...

35d0nqe.jpg

Phill's Vette
Yep, same flags as the CE... :thumbs

You know Phil, the top emblem might be correct, is there a hole (inset) where the black is on the Chevy emblem? if so then it's possible that the color chip has popped out. I have a couple of CE emblems like that on the checkered flag side where the white chip is missing. plus the amount of where on the top one makes me believe it's just really worn out. Look at where it should be black around the flags...

35d0nqe.jpg

Dawg,

You may be right :yesnod I just now wire brushed the emblem (The top one) and there is also the same black paint under the red paint. Looking at the bottom emblem more closely, the yellowish - gold paint looks much thicker as if it could be poped out of the Chevy insignia and I'm sure there would be black paint under. Your right. it is very worn. I'm going to try to restore this emblem and if anything it would make a cool desk ornimate or wall plack.

Thanks!

Phill B