NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Please Help

Guest white88

Guest white88

I broke a vacuum line behind the distutor on my 88 . everyone is telling me it goes to the ac unit. but I can't find it. can anyone help me ? with maybe a pic or something? :bang This is still the same CHRISTINE car from weeks ago, I still don't have it runing. I tried a new battery, check electrical connections, and now I'm going to try a new ECM. I really want to drive it again. HELP

thanks

Vaccum line from distributor to a/c unit I don't know. On a C5 there is a vaccum line that goes from the engine bay, through the firewall to the inside of the car and controls where the a/c blows and ext/internal air source. That contoler that the vaccum line goes to is under the passenger side dash...but again, that's on a C5.

Good luck. :bang

I have the Haynes manual for the C4.

Which vaccuum line are you talking about? It broke where? When you follow it back where does it lead to?

Guest white88

Which vaccuum line are you talking about? It broke where? When you follow it back where does it lead to?

Man, that is where I am totaly lost. I can't even see a little piece sticking out. Could it be wraped up with the wiring harness? :crazy It was hooked to the 3-way check valve. That also goes to the cruise.

Man, that is where I am totaly lost. I can't even see a little piece sticking out. Could it be wraped up with the wiring harness? :crazy It was hooked to the 3-way check valve. That also goes to the cruise.

Yes, it is very likely that it is inside a harness. C5's do it, no reason it's not the same in C4's. I'd start there. The C5's A/C controls run through the harness, to a checkvalve as well.

If you can run power point, take a look at my A/C repair here.

If you can't run power point I'll post pics if you want.