NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Computer Needed

Buccaneer

Anyone having a GM 1227747 ECM (87-91) computer that they don't want and still works, contact me...I need one. It doesn't matter what Eprom is in it, I just need one that is in working order so I can modify it to what I need for my stroker. Thanks.

Tom

Anyone having a GM 1227747 ECM (87-91) computer that they don't want and still works, contact me...I need one. It doesn't matter what Eprom is in it, I just need one that is in working order so I can modify it to what I need for my stroker. Thanks.

Tom

check auto zone or checker auto - i think the one i bought for my '85 cost me like $75 (plus core)

also do a little reading in C4 tech over on corvetteforum - i remember reading something about a computer in the smaller blazers that were interchangeable with one or more of the C4 computers (same part number)

unfortunately i do not remember much more than that.

I did PM Joe with no reply yet...Come on Joe... :toetap j/k

Yep, any of the 87-91 GM trucks, suv and cars with a 1227747 will work no matter what the bin file happens to be. When I do the Ostrich Eprom mod, I make it whatever I want. I just need a computer that works right now period.

Dwayne, Joe said he didn't have any more and gave me a place in Tempe to call which I did and they don't have any either but can get one for $125 which is too high a price for those ECMs even being a reman.

No biggy, I'll keep looking and I'm sure I'll find one even if I have to go to a yard and pull one out myself. Thanks for the help though.

Was that a reman 7747? The $125 was for the reman ecm and there was another $99 core charge. That's just too much for that I'm afraid. :huh

If I get the chance I'll call the guy here with all the junked cars to see if anything has shown up lately, It's where I got the 8746 from and that was all he had at the time....

Guest UVETTYA

I have a stock PCM for a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix lying around the garage somewhere. Will that work? If so, let me know and I'll see if I can find it.

Steve

That would be AWESOME Steve, but that one won't work for me...Damnit! It has to be either 1227747 or 1228746 ECM 87-92 only. Thanks anyway for the offer.