NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

When It Rains It Pours

Bigfoot

Had a water pump going out on my '00 Sierra. :bang So I parked it on the street (to let it cool down) and took the vette down to buy the pump. Got home, went to pull the truck into the driveway to do the change; it starts, but does not want to run. :banghead Cleaned the terminals on the battery and got it to run (after the pump change) but things were still not right (too many electrical snafu's). :chris

Had the battery tested and it was putting out enough cranking amps but was only showing half charged and would not take a full charge. :toetap

Opportunity knocking, I pulled the battery out of the vette and put it in the truck...all works good again. So I went and got a red top Optima for the vette. Money I dind't want to spend, but what are ya gonna do?

Now I just need to change the power steering pump on the wife's Durango and get her some tires.

So many things wrong, so much expense, sooooo little money. :ack

Good thing the wife got a job she starts next week. :flag

I have a great source for used tires if you're interested. I just put 4 very nice Michelin 16" on my PU for $225 installed. Email me if you're interested

I have a great source for used tires if you're interested. I just put 4 very nice Michelin 16" on my PU for $225 installed. Email me if you're interested

It would really depend on how much tread is left on used ones. I can get all 4 mounted and balanced for around $400-$450 I think.

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep you in mind when it comes time.

Oh, it's running. :D It's my oldest vehicle...and probably most reliable (at this point).

Still trying to figure out that vibration though. Gonna tear into it a little this weekend and see what I can see. :bang