NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

CZYDMND

I'm not detailing other people's cars anymore. I'm spending my off time at home with the family.

Can you tell me more about the Gloss Coat? After three years, I'm looking to redo the Opti Coat on my Vette.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

Thats good man, family is definitely #1.

Basically Opti Coat 2.0 has now been discontinued (which was the consumer version of Opti-Coat Pro as I'm sure you know). It has now been replaced with "Gloss Coat". This all just happened recently. From what i've read, its suppose to be slicker and glossier than 2.0 and estimated to last about 2 years.

Ive discontinued using OC Pro and have been using CQuartz Finest now for quite a while...really like it a lot. You have to be an "authorized installer" for it just like you had to be authorized to use OC Pro, but CQuartz does make a consumer product called CQuartz UK....very nice product. Super glossy, lasts about 2 years and you can "boost" it with a spray sealer called "Reload". It applies a little differently than OC but i think you might like it.

http://www.carpro-us.com/cquartz-uk-edition-30ml-kit-w-reload/ the 30 mil kit should be enough for a Vette. If you want to do your wheel faces or want to apply a 2nd coat onto the paint (which since you are ocd like me, you probably will lol), the 50 mil kit might be the better choice.

I'm not detailing other people's cars anymore. I'm spending my off time at home with the family.

Can you tell me more about the Gloss Coat? After three years, I'm looking to redo the Opti Coat on my Vette.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

Thanks for the info. Any install tips? I'll look for some videos.

Just like OC, prep is the key. You'll need to buy some Eraser...and just be sure to use some clean/fresh towels to do a thorough Eraser wipe down (sort of like how you'd do an IPA wipe down prior to OC) after you finish your polishing.

UK comes with a little block and small suede towels. You wrap the towel around the block, apply a product to the towel and then apply to paint. Usually I find that using 1 side of the towel for one panel, then turning the towel over and using that side for another panel and then discarding that towel and switching to a fresh one makes application easiest. You'll find that the suede towels you use to apply the coating with end up turning hard like cardboard after a few minutes...its pretty crazy!

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, permanent coatings are the best protection today and for years to come.

^^^this. My Vette has Opti-coat and I love it.

I'm thinking Donna's Vette needs solid iron bumpers for "best paint protection"