NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Vacuum To Electric Motor Headlights?

Phill's Vette

Phill's Vette

Would it be a good idea to convert the vacuum headlights on my 82 to electric motor driven?

My vacuum system really sucks or rather, lack there of.

Don't want a winking Vette, one eyed Vette or as recent, a blind Vette. I have not had the time to trouble shoot the problem but vacuum seems to be strong. The right eye has been slow to open, now nothing - I have bypassed the system and have them open all the time.

I really want to keep her stock, so would an electric conversion be a sin with me ending up in some front wheel drive hell? Is there an electric conversion kit available? Where do I look? Do I dare?

Thanks!

Yeah theres a conversion kit, I never did it because I thought it was way overpriced.

http://www.mcspeed.homestead.com/Our_Products.html

I think Chad (ChadC) is going to agree with me on this, but I would stay with the damn crappy vacuum setup, and Chad is also the person to bribe when your ready to make it work because he is the master of vacuum. at least thats what he always says... :bang

EDIT:

I just looked and it seems he dropped the price about 100 bucks from when he first came out with it......

Doug at Bromleys Performance Corvettes in Chandler does these conversions. He ran the numbers for me earlier this year but I don't remember what they were. Give him a call or stop by:

Bromley's Performance Corvette

3738 W. Commonwealth Ave.

Chandler, AZ (480) 390-2652

Mine are fine at this time so I passed. He told me that when the Vacume system went whacky it would be time!

Bromely's has been known to hack at the older vette's, do your research before you take him your stock "unmolested" vette... :toetap

Phill's Vette

Thanks for the input!

Not to fond of others working on my Vette, if I can do it with my manuals, internet and of course the fourms - I shall be my own mechanic - May God help this Vette! The MCSPEED kit does sound like a good possibility, I'll do my research.

Thank ya'all!

Phill