NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

New Black Vette

Buccaneer

Ok, not really! But the 82 is in at least three coats of black primer now...LOL! I'm just glad to see it almost in one color for a change even if its just primer. Getting closer to paint time. Lots of block sanding on that car so far. I was going to ask if anyone wanted to have a body work/fiberglassing or welding class if you need something done, but not sure how that would work out. Maybe, maybe not.

I've been having all sorts of issues with the motor not running right. I found out tonight that my ECM is bad and that's what was wigging out the motor. I slaved in another 1227747 modified ECM and it fired right up and idled pretty good and didn't go lean on me after closed loop. :clap After looking at the datalog of my other ECM with Jim we decided that the ECM had to be bad and sure enough. The datalog on this ECM looked pretty good for just burning a chip and plugging it in...LOL!

Now all I have to do is get another 7747 ECM and have it modified so I can tweak it and I'll be good to go and get it emissioned and drive the beast. :thumbs More updates later.

blkprimer1.jpg

Tom.

I have a 8746 (unmodified) sitting here. let me know if you need it....

Steve,

It's a puntyac, we don't allow things like that around here... and I don't think it's repairable.

That's just a plastic/rubber bumper piece right Steve? If so, you really can't repair that reliably I'm afraid or I would. :( If it was much more rigid, than I could glass it and it would be good to go.

I still have tons of sanding to do on mine. After I finish sanding these coats down to flatten it, I'll spray another three coats and do it all over again...Oh joy! LOL. I'm just glad I'm getting closer. :)

Hey Dwayne, thanks but I'm not sure I want to go to another 8746 like mine. I'm kind of leaning towards a 7747 because of not having to wiring in an IAT to the ecm. Let me do some checking and talking with Jim on this 7747 and I'll let you know what I decide to do. I'll be going to an Ostrich Eprom and EBL this time instead of a Prominator though. Jim as talked me into going to the dark side...LOL!

Yeah he kept telling me it was the way to go, but I sort of don't need to worry about it anymore.... sigh!

Well just let me know if you decide you want it, I was going to get an IAT but never got around to it.

I think I have some 747's lying around somewhere. We used to use them for T.P.I. conversions, pretty universal ecm. Just get a chip burnt for your particular application and the ecm will pretty much work for almost anything. Lots faster than a 746 so it would run smoother with more accurate a/f monitoring and adj. Ill look right now and let you know...Joe

Guest UVETTYA
Steve,

It's a puntyac, we don't allow things like that around here... and I don't think it's repairable.

Uh oh. Now you've done it. Wanna race my 4 door family sedan for pinks? :D :D

And I didn't think it was repairable. Just hoping. Thanks for the advise Tom. :thumbs

Joe, if you find some 7747s lying around that you obviously don't need, let me know. The 8647 is actually better than the 7747 in that the 8647 uses an IAT input also for more granular tuning and also has a cruise mood which is nice. But who needs cruise with a 383...it's WOT baby. LOL! They are both the same speed also.

I'd rather go with the 7747 since it's easier in the long run to do the conversion and I have everything I need to to it so I can use my laptop and do complete control tunes. NO CHIP BURNING!! :clap

Sorry I can't really help you out Steve. :banghead

Steve,

Uh oh. Now you've done it. Wanna race my 4 door family sedan for pinks? :D :D

And I didn't think it was repairable. Just hoping. Thanks for the advise Tom. :thumbs

Hey now! Some of us call our Aussie cars Pontiac....

What about a plastic weld for Steve's issue? Would it just break again, or maybe look terrible? We have one if you guys think it would work.

M~

Guest UVETTYA
What about a plastic weld for Steve's issue? Would it just break again, or maybe look terrible? We have one if you guys think it would work.

M~

Thanks Melissa I think Tom's probably right. It's not very thick plastic and it's kinda rubbery. I'll just replace it.