Welcome To Dmkmd

1EvilC5

:howdy Welcome to David :howdy

Year of Corvette---1963---Color---White

'63 all original, one owner, automatic, factory air

All I can say is WOW. You do not here that too often.

Post some pictures when you get a chance.

Phil... :devil

Welcome from NE Phx! :howdy

My love for Vettes started with the 63 when they had the big build up to it's introduction.

Robert and Elizabeth
:howdy Welcome from Gilbert, AZ. Your car sounds like a real beauty. I can't wait to see your pix. Robert and Elizabeth

Thank you all for the welcome. Here's a pic with the top on. For the record, my father bought the car so I am only technically the original owner. Could some one suggest a mechanic in the Mesa area to have a look at the brakes?

David

Robert and Elizabeth

Thank you all for the welcome. Here's a pic with the top on. For the record, my father bought the car so I am only technically the original owner. Could some one suggest a mechanic in the Mesa area to have a look at the brakes?

David

There is a "Just Brakes" at Val Vista and Baseline (just west of Val Vista and on the south side) that I trust. We had 6 piston calipers (Wilwood brakes) on the front of our 2001 Ram Air Trans Am and they always took very good care of us. They knew how to eliminate the "squeaks and harmonics" those brakes were notorious for.

Your Corvette is absolutely beautiful. I would be very proud to own a piece of American history like that. :thumbs Robert and Elizabeth

Well I usually replace my own brakes on my vehicles.

I have not had any experience with any C1 through C3 Vettes. Hopefully someone has and they can recommend someone.

Phil... :devil

I haven't done a brake job since high school 30+ years ago. I don't think that I want to try and re learn how to do this with this car. As to what is happening: the pedal goes almost all the way to the floor and then the brakes grab hard. Pumping doesn't help. I did have them bled so far. Suggestions?

David

Guest Steve Mulvey

Welcome

All C2 Corvettes are white.... Try this guy, I saw him today and he is quite knowledgeable:

The Vette Shoppe

Ken Carollo

625 S. McClintock Rd., Ste. 3 & 4

Tempe, AZ 85281

(480) 945-9030

DGI

3130 E Main St Ste 3, Mesa, AZ, United States

Phone: (480) 830-0081

They specialize in GM. They did some work on our 442.

Sounds like the master cylinder is going out. Does it pull when you apply the brakes or just grabs real hard at the end of pushing the peddle????

Andrew

PS. Welcome to the forum.....

:howdy and welcome to ACE from Peoria! I'm sure you get it alot, but "Wow" is all I can think of. Sweet C2! :thumbs

I'm way over here on the west siiide, so I don't really know about the brake shops over there, ...maybe ADS? They get some great word of mouth on this forum. :D

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give them a try. To Andrew: It just grabs real hard, no pulling. To Steve: Thanks for letting me know what a C2 is (I didn't want to look as dumb as I am and ask, oops, I guess you know now)

David

Sounds like the master Cylinder but I would have DGI, or whomever you decide to look at it. No matter what, brakes are something that need to be tended to. It's nice to go, but its better to be able to stop.... maestro.gif

Good luck and let us know how it turns out or maybe some of us can stop by and watch you fix it, I mean help you fix it...... :D

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...