Not A Vette, But A Personal Best None The Less

NicD

Yea it's not a vette, but at least it results in an LS1 whooping up on a Cobra. :) I finally ganked Dug's 2 step so I could actually launch this thing in boost at the track. So I figured that since last night was decent out I was going to dust off the hoosiers and let it rip. It builds about 5 psi at 4500 rpm so it should be decent.

My first pass was pretty ugly, I boned the burnout so I just spun, badly. I think you will hear bryce with some choice comments in the video as soon as I get it ripped (Thanks PJ!). Sideways in 1st towards the wall, banged 2nd and went sideways towards the center, 3rd spun again so I just completely let out and coasted. 12.7 @ 87 was the end result of that, haha.

2nd pass I decided to do a manly burnout to wake up the tires. I knew this pass wouldn't be very good either because I heated them up too much but I wanted to get off all the old rubber on them to get to some more fresh stuff for the next one. Spun through 1st gear and banged second and spun a bit but then hooked and just rowed gears. 11.25 @ 131.78

3rd and final pass I did a mild burnout and staged but I had some competition this time. Chad from AZPS was in his 03 Cobra and he turned on the bottle for this race. We had been razzing each other for a few days now so this was the final showdown. After the first 2 passes of sorting out the 2 step timing between letting go of the button and letting up on the clutch and making the shift I think I had it down for this one. We launched and we were pretty much side by side at the 60', after that I pretty much walked away. 10.63 @ 132.8 was my time on this last pass of the night.

It felt good to get out there again and let it rip. Oh yea, I forgot to mention this was all on my everyday tune, 91 octane only and 10 psi of boost. Next up is ice in the water tank, 16 psi, and good gas. Videos will be up shortly.

Guest XLR8TNC5

HOLY SHNIKEYS!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome runs Nic! Your freaking car is smokin!

Are you sure you can't tune my car to run 10's too! lol...

good job whoopin up on the Cobra... hehehe. You know I love ya Chad!

Tanya

Here are some videos.

My 2nd pass that just kinda spun through 1st and into 2nd. Bryce has some choice comments, NWS audio. :) Video camera didn't want to focus either at the beginning with the smoke.

http://www.gonicd.com/videos/nicpass2.wmv

My last pass against Chad

http://www.gonicd.com/videos/nicvschad.wmv

Here is another bonus video, Manske's camaro letting it rip.

http://www.gonicd.com/videos/manske.wmv

Guest Chad@AZPS

Thanks. This was a blast as the weather was nice. It is always fun to race a car that is faster than 13s and a domestic. You win some, you lose some. You have fun and do it again. Maybe faster next time.

Chad

I am keeping my max boost around 17 psi with good gas for longevity. Going from 10 psi/91 octane to 17 psi/good gas is worth about 250 rwhp. :)