NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

How do I get rid of water spots?

3,503 lbs of trouble

3,503 lbs of trouble

So this genius I know buys a DeLorean and he assumed he could wash it in the direct sunlight because there is no paint to hurt. So he washes it in the sun, forgetting about the painted fascias. The sun quickly dries the water droplets and the whole car is covered with water spots. Duh! WTF was he thinking. The water spots come off the stainless with Windex and some elbow grease. No biggie. The water spots on the painted fascias remains. Tried getting it off with Zymol detailer. No luck. Any advice on how to get these spots out?

And no Keith, I'm not repainting!

My son used to park his black Honda in the apts where the sprinklers got it every other day. It took a large amount of Windex, elbow grease, claybar and a buffing to get rid of them.

Good Luck!

On a Delorean...this should work great! :D

1591724_lg.gif

:smilelol: :smilelol: :smilelol: There won't be any painted parts to worry about after that.

I wonder if the Delorean club will ever come with us on a cruise.

Especially if we tell em Tony is providing detail services before the cruise! :eek:

Especially if we tell em Tony is providing detail services before the cruise! :eek:

I think you're scarin Dan. We haven't seen or heard from him since your first suggestion.

I think he went :eek: :burnout:

3,503 lbs of trouble

• 2 weeks later...
Guest XLR8TNC5

I wonder what some NevR Dull would do to your car? I think a cruise with the Delorean club would be a lot of fun.

Im in for that definitely.

Tanya

I wonder what some NevR Dull would do to your car? I think a cruise with the Delorean club would be a lot of fun.

Im in for that definitely.

Tanya

I polished enough brass in my previous life that you can count me out if you ever decide to do it. I have trouble looking at a PC orbital but I know it's a necessity with a black Vette.

3,503 lbs of trouble
I would love to see one polished to near chrome finish. Or just take the body panels and have them chrome plated -- that would ROCK !!