NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Car was keyed

porvette

The Corvette was keyed while parked at Costco on friday.

The scratch is about 9 inchs on the rear panel waist high, it is not very deap , what is the best to do? the car has opti coat on it.

I was told by the person parked next to me that a couple did it because a Corvette should not be parked in a Handicaped space even though I had my card displayed.

I bet Costco has video surveillance on that lot, be nice if there was a license plate number you could turn over to PD.

Some folks are just pricks

Man I hate when people do that. Someone did it to mine too just after I bought it. It was parked in a Walmart lot in Nebraska clear out in the middle of nowhere even. Good luck with your fix. Hopefully it will buff out for ya. Will have to reapply the opticoat I'm sure.

Desertdawg

Just damn!

A picture would help. Is it thru the color???

We can always sand and buff if it's not deep, if it's thru the color then you may need it touched up!

rule of thumb. can you feel it with your fingernail?

if yes. its too deep to repair and will require paint/touch up.

mask, reduce with polishing = yes.

repair = no.

The flexible rear bumpers are a bitch to buff out scratches. It's probably not good news if your fingernail catches on it.

Yes the finger nail catchs on it, it is on the fender not the rear bumber.

Guess I will have to get it fixed by a paint shop.

Just another expense that should not be neccesary.

Extender32

Sorry to hear that Richard. Please bo back to Costco and see if you can't get video of the perps. Goodluck with the fix.

Quicksilver98

Sorry to hear that Richard. Please bo back to Costco and see if you can't get video of the perps. Goodluck with the fix.

Yep....hunt the sum bitches down and send them the bill!

I never understood the whole attacking somebody's something if you have a problem with them,perceived or otherwise....

But they always say a coward dies bla bla bla..

Hopefully if the camera didn't get em,Karma will!

F22trainer

I never understood the whole attacking somebody's something if you have a problem with them,perceived or otherwise....

But they always say a coward dies bla bla bla..

Hopefully if the camera didn't get em,Karma will!

...and hope to be around to see it!

Desertdawg

We can always try the sand and buff before you take it to the paint shop...

As long as the primer isn't showing, I can probably hide 90% of it or more...

Guest badbobs95

As long as the primer isn't showing, I can probably hide 90% of it or more...

Sure, if you're standing in front of it. :laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin:

If you can get to the shop we can try'n sand/buff it for ya. No charge to try. That sucks, its really cowardly! One word though, Karma! If ya want us to try; Classic Gold Auto Centre

317 S. Rockford Dr.

Tempe 85281

480-967-2521

From your profile, it looks like you live in my area, and I offer my services, free of charge, to eliminate your scratches.

I am what I would consider to be "an expert" on paint repairs, etc. I always drive my show cars (when I could afford to have one), snow, rain, etc., made no matter. Six weeks before each show (Grand National Roadster Show, NOT local cruise-ins),, I would wash my car & back it into the garage. For the next six weeks I thoroughly detailed the car and repaired any chip or paint blemish. The results were that my car ALWAYS took First Place in it's class, at each of the National caliber shows it entered.

NOT "bragging" - just want you to know that I'm experienced in paint repair.

It is pleasing "work" to do, so if you're interested (or anyone else), please PM me & we'll set things up.

God BLESS!!

Curt

Thanks for all of the offers I am presently trying to decide what to do. After this week I hope to be able to decide. We are going to go to the lunch Saturday so if any of you are there you can see the scratch.

Deb will be on a every other week at the hospital and thren I will have some free time, after next week.

What I don't get is this part.

I was told by the person parked next to me that a couple did it because a Corvette should not be parked in a Handicaped space even though I had my card displayed.

So this person saw the whole thing and did nothing? Get plate number? Say nothing to the perpetrator? Try to stop them? Maybe they were the real ones and just blamed it on someone else. If I saw something even if I was too late to stop, I'd get description and pics of the ones responsible.

• 6 months later...