NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Christine?

Guest white88

Guest white88

Remember the movie about the possesed car CHRISTINE?

I went for a nice drive last week and put "my toy" away as my wife call it.and cleaned it up. My '88 has always taken up both spots the garage. The car has always run flawlessly. To surprise my wife and let her finally put her car in too, I figure I'll move over a bit. I go to start the 'vette and it looks like the 4th of July. I have lights going on and off in the dash I never even knew I had ! :eek Go to start it, runs for about 3 seconds and dies. It will not run! Someone tells me to do the paperclip trick under the dash. I get a code 22, a code 32, and a code 42 !! Whew, I guess the car is PISSED !! Anyway. if I have to.Who should I take it to, and which towing company should I use?. This is just too weird !! :crazy

That's funny. I call my vette the same name. I am the only one who can drive it. When my wife gets in the driver seat, something always happens. So now she will not drive it (fine by me :) ). One time when we were living in Gilbert, it was a summer day and we boarded our horses in Chandler and she drove my vette to go play with her horse. Well, on the way back home she got in to come home and the AC would not come on. So she went to roll the windows down and they would not go down. So she drove home cursing all the way while toasting in the car. She gets home and tells me what happened, I go and try and the AC comes on and the windows work. I will never forget that. This type of things always happened when she drove it but never with me.

Kam

Check the battery!!

:agree

I had a factory battery in a C5 that was on its last legs and got all kinds of crazy stuff lighting up.

I sure will ! so that can make it go bizerk too ?

:yesnod Lots-o-puters in these cars. All of em need enough juice to function correctly.

stolen from fatherlarryscorvetteshop.com

Disconnect Battery for a few seconds then reattach.Chances are there is a problem and you need to find out what the code is. And you can find out by using a paper clip and jump a&b terminals at the ALDL terminal under the driver side dash by right knee. Remove cap and use paper clip to jump a&b terminals, top two terminals on the top right hand side,do this prior to turning on inginition. once the terminals are connected turn key on ! Do not start car! You should hear your engine fan come on . The service engine light should begin to flash. The first sequence of flashes should be the service engine light flashes once then two for two or three times, ie. one- two one- two,then your next series of flashes will indicate what the problem is . You need a manual either the gm service manual or a haynes manual to anlysis the problem.

Guest white88

Well, I tried a new battery, checked all connections and still same thing. Could the ecm have died? can this happen when it is just sitting ? :crazy