NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Blue Devil Z06 Pics

ICULUKN

Ugly hood, but its probably temporary until they get the aerodynamics and new taller hood design worked out. BTW if the 7 litre is not superchargeable than how are so many people doing it?...Joe

3,503 lbs of trouble

Hmmm... That car looks quite familiar. Wonder where I've seen one, or two, or...?

Hmmm... That car looks quite familiar. Wonder where I've seen one, or two, or...?

I notice you didn't say driven one :toetap

3,503 lbs of trouble

I notice you didn't say driven one :toetap

No, I've been driving this:

2008smart2.jpg

:leaving

3,503 lbs of trouble

There have been a few Z06s running around the proving ground with very high rise hoods. Obviously test mules with something "big" underneath. Not hard to guess that these are Blue Devils. The oddest thing I saw last weekend was a parked unbadged green C4 ZR1 (can tell by the x-tra wide azz) with the same type of very high rise hood as the Z06s. It must be a test mule too. That one was a shocker.

• 2 months later...
3,503 lbs of trouble
The oddest thing I saw last weekend was a parked unbadged green C4 ZR1 (can tell by the x-tra wide azz) with the same type of very high rise hood as the Z06s. It must be a test mule too. That one was a shocker.

Turns out that unbadged green C4 ZR1 convertible, (yes convertible) has a 572 stuffed in it, so it's not a Blue Devil mule. But, I did get my first up close look at a real Blue Devil engineering mule today. When it's just sitting there with the hood open, how could I not take a 10 minute peek!biggrin5.gif

But, I did get my first up close look at a real Blue Devil engineering mule today. When it's just sitting there with the hood open, how could I not take a 10 minute peek!biggrin5.gif

Come on DAN.... :toetap

Did it look anything like this under the hood???

supercharger.jpg

Only on an LS7??? You can tell us, we swear!!! :devil

3,503 lbs of trouble
Did it look anything like this under the hood???

It looked nothing like a C5 under the hood, I swear!

3,503 lbs of trouble
Dan has not seen the car in the picture, trust me:
Never said I saw the actual individual car that literally appears in that pic.

So, those magazine spy pics were faked. Are you guys saying since those particular pics were not real that the "Blue Devil", "Corvette SS" or whatever it's currently nicknamed does not exist? GM builds more than one engineering mule of the cars it develops. Trust me, what I got to see today was not your Grandma's C6 Z06.

Guest Steve Mulvey

Dan has not seen the car in the picture, trust me:

Never said I saw the actual individual car that literally appears in that pic.

So, those magazine spy pics were faked. Are you guys saying since those particular pics were not real that the "Blue Devil", "Corvette SS" or whatever it's currently nicknamed does not exist? GM builds more than one engineering mule of the cars it develops. Trust me, what I got to see today was not your Grandma's C6 Z06.

I'm sure you have a nifty car over there, but it is not the Winding Road car. That was a joke by David E. Davis where they taped a bunch of cardboard and trash bags on a C6 and drove it around Detroit to see if anyone would take pics and publish them... Some people got all bent about it but I think it was really funny....

3,503 lbs of trouble
I'm sure you have a nifty car over there, but it is not the Winding Road car. That was a joke by David E. Davis where they taped a bunch of cardboard and trash bags on a C6 and drove it around Detroit to see if anyone would take pics and publish them... Some people got all bent about it but I think it was really funny....

That is funny, but ours is real. The components under the hood unique to this factory C6 were not made of cardboard. That's one thing I can safely reveal about it.