NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Halltech Programming & Short Throw Shifter

Loud Pedal

I got the Halltech programming installed. :jd I'm still waiting on the filter, but WOW. Even running the stock filter, and just by SOTP, it runs much healthier. I only have about 20 minutes behind the wheel, but my initial impression is that this really does gain quite a bit. It hits hard with no power dips from TMS.

I also installed the B&M short throw shifter. Its a bit noisy from vibration at certain rpms and gears, but feels MUCH better than stock. The shift pattern is very tight and precise. I'm gonna call B&M about the noise ( kinda sounds like marbles in a can ) and see if they have any suggestions. If I have to live with it, thats ok too; I like it that much better.

If anyone is thinking about going this route I give it a :thumbs.

Its gettin to be that time, Ken. :driving: Now I just need to get a couple passes under my belt to dial in a launch technique. Mmmmm chicken wings good.... :laugh:

Guest UVETTYA

Yeah, I'm up for that too. It ain't ALL about horse power. At the drag strip you gotta be a driver. :D

(quick, someone lend me their drag radials) :devil

Yeah, I'm up for that too. It ain't ALL about horse power. At the drag strip you gotta be a driver. :D

:agree, but it sure don't hurt! If I get a decent launch, I will be hard to catch, that's for sure. :P

I've still got a lot going on right now, but we should set up an ACE night at firebird soon. I'm thinking 3-4 weeks.

Yeah///like Nascar baby. Can I draft at Firebird :huh

laughing.giflaughing.gif

Guest UVETTYA

Are you trying to drop me a hint Steve?

Hee hee, I must admit, I thought of you... :devil

Actually I sold them so I could save my clutch. You high HP guys need them all the time. When I'm at the track with DR's I can't resist a 4K rpm launch, (ya hoo!) and these clutches just can't do too many of those. :lol I think if I was going to do DR's again I would get 17's. Maybe that would help. I think that's how these stock Z06's are getting into the 11's. But, then I would need a tranny brace cause I tend to wheel hop every now and then on the burn-out - and hardened output shafts - hardened gears - etc. etc. etc!!

So I'll probably just suk it up and run what I brung... street tires. I prolly won't be in the 11's but you better be or you'll be seeing my tail lights. :lol

Guest UVETTYA

:agree, but it sure don't hurt! If I get a decent launch, I will be hard to catch, that's for sure. :P

I've still got a lot going on right now, but we should set up an ACE night at firebird soon. I'm thinking 3-4 weeks.

Yes you will be hard to catch. I don't think that will happen. I'll have to drop the hammer on you and hope you miss a gear or something! LOL!

I'm up for the A.C.E. event. Speedworld's web site says: Nov 19th at Speedworld is club day; Call and register your club today 623 388-0039.

Someone should call and check into that. :toetap

Guest Sidewinder

Yes you will be hard to catch. I don't think that will happen. I'll have to drop the hammer on you and hope you miss a gear or something! LOL!

I'm up for the A.C.E. event. Speedworld's web site says: Nov 19th at Speedworld is club day; Call and register your club today 623 388-0039.

We have done that once, where were you? :lol

Pussin' out ;) Just wanted to get her broken in well and work on launching without beating on her. Schedule permiting, I will certainly be there next time. :P

Guest Sidewinder

Pussin' out ;) Just wanted to get her broken in well and work on launching without beating on her. Schedule permiting, I will certainly be there next time. :P

Dave, that was a shot at Steve!! :lol