• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RoccoC5

• jmxp69

• LastC3

• joe@cpr.com

Top Posters In This Topic

What about relocating to a more functional area?

no point, delete it and be done with it.

So can I just remove the hoses from the cooler and splice them together, or is there a better way?

joe@cpr.com

What about relocating to a more functional area?

no point, delete it and be done with it.

So can I just remove the hoses from the cooler and splice them together, or is there a better way?

correct in the kit they supply you with a male/male hose barb and two hose clamps for it.

Awesome, I just ended up running a new hose from the reservoir down to the hard line coming from the rack. Definitely made things easier! Thanks! :)

Way more room down there now.

hose4.jpg

Not much of an update today. Last night I installed the sheet metal shroud and the fascia, and today over lunch I installed the intercooler:
intercooler.jpg
All that's really left is to finish running the hoses and install the catch can. Speaking of, there's not much room in the engine compartment so I was thinking of mounting the catch can along the passenger frame rail in front of the radiator. Anyone have theirs mounted here?
catchcan.jpg

Mine is on my blower bracket.

Ah cool, that's where I wanted to mount it but it seems you need a special bracket? I have an Elite Engineering can with the "hockey stick" mounting bracket and it doesn't look like I can make it work with the blower bracket.

41xGVyW4LLL._SL300_.jpg

It's behind one of the spacer bolts on the blower bracket. I'll snap a pic when I get my car back. I have that same catch can bracket as in the pic.

Finished up the rest of the intercooler inlet plumbing this evening:

plumbing.jpg

If I have time tomorrow I'll tackle the topside piping. Hope to be all done by this weekend!

Well nevermind mounting the catch can against the front passenger side frame rail...I forgot that the air filter occupies that space. I'll take a closer look at the supercharger bracket to see if there is a way I can mount the catch can to it.

I plumbed the intercooler outlet piping yesterday and installed the A&A dongle while I wait on the 4" pipe. Started it up and everything seems good. I should be able to take it off the jackstands now and drive it around, staying out of boost of course.
Tune scheduled for July 12th which will give me plenty of time to finish up with the catch can, top shroud, and the 4" intake. I'll post up a video and final install pics soon and will be sure to post the dyno results when I have them.

It's behind one of the spacer bolts on the blower bracket. I'll snap a pic when I get my car back. I have that same catch can bracket as in the pic.

Found it over at the big forum. :)

I'll probably do the same. Thanks!

IMG_20130619_191727_023_zps049dad6e.jpg

I finished up my 4" intake this evening. I had originally purchased a 90 degree bend but it ended up being a bit too short and the angle wasn't right, so I went with a 60 degree aluminum tube instead. This one had 5.5" legs and I had to trim 1.5" off of one end and close to 3" off the other:
intake.jpg
Ready to install:
intake2.jpg
Installed:
intake3.jpg
intake4.jpg
I was thinking of rolling a bead on each end of the pipe, but since it's the suction side I shouldn't need one, right?
Also, the filter doesn't tuck between the condenser and the intercooler like it would with the A&A dongle but I think it will be OK. I'll just have to trim the top shroud some so it will clear the filter. I'll work on that next. :cheers:

Both of those polished tubes are going to look evil under there :) Do you have your tune scheduled yet?

I finally mounted the catch can. I ended up putting together a simple bracket and mounting it to the inside driver side frame rail:
catchcan2.jpg
catchcan3.jpg
Then I trimmed up the top shroud to clear the filter, buttoned everything up, and took it for a drive. Everything seems ready to go! Can't wait for the tune on Saturday. Hoping for 525+ rwhp.
done.jpg

Good luck! Make sure to ask Keith for your Dyno run files. He can e-mail them to you right from the dyno computer. That way you can take your time checking out your results. You can download a free runfile viewer from Dynojet's website.

Looking forward to your results. I just ordered my valve train upgrades too (cam/springs etc.) So I'm heading back to the dyno in a few weeks as well. My setup will be very close to yours.

Well shoot, put it on the dyno today and had to cut my run short due to a fuel pressure problem. Fuel pressure dropped into the mid to low 40's and it started leaning out around 5K RPM. It made ~460 whp and was on pace for mid 500's but I need to get this fuel problem figured out before we push it any harder.

I have the Racetronix pump setup with their harness and a 20A BAP. Next step is to double-check all wiring and grounds and perhaps pull the pump to make sure the hose isn't kinked. Open for any other ideas. :)

What was the change in AFR... could be just an enrichment requirement from the PCM beginning in that neighborhood ... ????

joe@cpr.com

my vote is it's in the tank, you have the racetronix pump so it would support 460 rwhp on it's own boosted so the fact it dropped pressure there leads me to believe it's in the tank.

wouldn't the pressure stay consistent if an intake issue ????

joe@cpr.com

wouldn't the pressure stay consistent if an intake issue ????

No because a small kink might flow enough to support xxx hp but not enough for xxx. And Ted that's a good thing he can check since the early fuel system guys have a serviceable filter.