NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Emblems - How Do I Attach New Emblems

Phill's Vette

Phill's Vette

I have a used nose emblem to replace the faded one currently of the Vette.

I also have a new valve cover emblem to attach but not sure what would be the correct adhesive that would handle the heat.

QUESTIONS:

* The nose emblem has all the OEM foam backing removed; will I also need to replace the foam and/or is the

foam the adhesive?

* What kind of adhesive and/or foam do I use?

* What kind/brand of adhesive for the valve cover emblem?

* What is the Best and safest way to remove the old nose and gas lid emblems?

Thanks!!

2nuhcox.jpg451dbwy.jpg

Remove the old emblem with a piece of fishing string, just saw through the old foam tape... then it you need to soak whats left with some WD 40 and remove the rest of the adhesive.

Get some double sided emblem tape (visit your nearest paint and body shop) they will give you what you need.... clean the emblem and the nose real good with some oil and grease remover, apply the double sided tape to the emblem and with a new razor blade, trim it around the edges. Then stick it to it.

Gas lid emblem is held on with two speed nuts on the bottom side and the same foam tape.

The valve cover emblem could be glued on with a small dab of JB weld, or other suitable epoxy. It will resist the heat the best. Just don't use to much incase you need to remove it sometime in the next 20 years...

Phill's Vette

Thanks Dawg!

The emblem tape was a bit of a pain to get but all workout and went on clean and solid.

Phill

Cool!!!

As long as the paint was clean and wax free they should stick for almost ever... :thumbs

BTW, did you use the fishing string trick to remove the old ones?