NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

c6 auto locked up

Blk n Blu

The shifter got locked up (won't release) it's stuck in neutral and drive. Not sure if anything is broken in there yet. Anyone else out there run into this problem?

I've seen it talked about on the big board. Hopefully it was nice enough to do it to you at your house.

Probably not the best solution.. But it has happened to me before, In a desperate situation I just held my foot on the brake and slapped the shifter forward as hard as I could and it worked fine again after that. Make sure you put your foot on the brake when you do this.. Something is probably out of adjustment.

Is it running ? If not then I would say stand on the brake pedal and wiggle it a bunch. If so then get it home and shut it off then try the above step.

ive seen the btsi solenoids go out on these shifters, but that usualy leaves them stuck in park. in those cases taping the brake pedal a bunch of times will sometimes unstick the solenoid. im thinking something came apart from your shifter, how comfortable are you with pulling the center ip trim off and lifting up the shifter boot? you should be able to get a good look in from there.

ive seen the btsi solenoids go out on these shifters, but that usualy leaves them stuck in park. in those cases taping the brake pedal a bunch of times will sometimes unstick the solenoid. im thinking something came apart from your shifter, how comfortable are you with pulling the center ip trim off and lifting up the shifter boot? you should be able to get a good look in from there.

Real comfortable, pulled it apart. The shifting assembly was fubar. Midway had one in stock and I just got it put back together. Thank you for the help.

Real comfortable, pulled it apart. The shifting assembly was fubar. Midway had one in stock and I just got it put back together. Thank you for the help.

that's great news :spinin: glad I could help. on the plus side the new shifters have an updated btsi solenoid so you shouldn't have any issues with it. :driving:

• 5 months later...

Either your 6 months behind the times Timmah, or your having the same problem ????

I thought Charlie's was a rare problem, now you.... maybe I need to worry now too :lol

I thought Charlie's was a rare problem, now you.... maybe I need to worry now too :lol

And mine has less than 20k on the odo!!!!

And mine has less than 20k on the odo!!!!

Mine has 100K more than your's without a problem, so Dawg can rest easy for a while.

My 07 Is starting to have the issue with it stuck in park. Solenoid either not retracting all the way or not at all sometimes.