Why is ACE so Boring?

Eddie44

ain't it great Brian .... you can jump on here after being away awhile and in no time at all get your chops busted !??? Where else but right here ..... :ACE:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• orangepeal

• Shifty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With Julies work schedule, it is hard to post up more than just a few days in advance. I'm all for cruising up to Prescott for a burg any given Sat that Julie and I don't have anything going on (Mostly Julie). I'll try to give a little more heads up next time.

Yeah....give us some more notice damn it! :wtf:

Even though I live here in the area, I just hauled ass down to Congress and met up with Greg, Charlie, and (sorry..don't remember his name). I got a 2fer....down the mountain by myself (much faster), and back up with the other guys!

Ya'll should try it sometime....it's quite enjoyable!

It was fun wearing out Greg's back bumper! (I thought ZR1's we're supposed to be fast?) :smilelol

I was being considerate of the newbie as he did not know where we were going. Next time, I won't be so nice......

Having set up our Christmas party every year and have learned you figure out the best date for your time then put it out. They will show up or not just remember it takes time and especially with the type of groups like ACE, there is no organisation structure so you have no true base to work with, and as I have noticed in the past two years many previous people have moved on to other things ,Jobs, Homes, Lives, Cars .

Deb and I have been remiss in not planning or attending many events but are hoping that will change in the next few months.

Most things that are set-up lately have been with other than just ACE people, car shows , C and C . so it is easier to have a reason not to attend than attend.

It will all turn around now because the people are discussing what they can do to help the group do more...

Richard,

You owe no apologies, those of us that are aware are more than understanding. You and Deb have much on your plate that is far more important than what goes on here at ACE and from the sounds of it, everything is going well and that I am very thankful for.

member moral Ikea a ling line

WTF !!! Did you ride the short bus to school today?

Speak english.... :lol

Dude, I wrote that at 430 a.m. on my phone. What do you expect???

POS F 'ing auto incorrect on the phone. Go back and read it again, it makes more sense now.

Screw this, I am going to bed, back in Richmond, Virginia.

I do believe I am the retired one that she is referring to! I also have my own reasons for not organizing any events, and do not have any need or desire to explain them.. If anyone feels that I am along for a free ride, tell me and I wont bother you with my presence.

You better be here for the free ride Bob, if not then I'm going to start charging you!

You better be here for the free ride Bob, if not then I'm going to start charging you!

Well okay!! Being a cheap old fart, Ill take the free ride.

I can't do this by myself

Sure you can, just change hands.

I do believe I am the retired one that she is referring to! I also have my own reasons for not organizing any events, and do not have any need or desire to explain them.. If anyone feels that I am along for a free ride, tell me and I wont bother you with my presence.

No, NOT you. . . :P

Sure you can, just change hands.

i'm aready using both hands, now what

Switch to your feet. :spinin:

No, NOT you. . . :P

No problems, I apologize for assuming that then

Bob, I don't blame anyone for not becoming active, that's what ACE is all about. But when members ask me why it's dying I can only say because folks aren't committing to help plan and organize. We only get out what we put into ACE.

It's not ACE that is dying. It's the economy that is dying! I happen to be more fortunate than a lot of folks and understand that, because I was in that same unfortunate position in the past. I'll be gone for the summer soon anyhow.

I have to agree with Bob, teh market is very inflated at this time IMO... But a cruise to lunch or to a wrench or polish day really isn't very expensive. And yes I understand having to work plays a part too....

wickedfastvette

Bob, I don't blame anyone for not becoming active, that's what ACE is all about. But when members ask me why it's dying I can only say because folks aren't committing to help plan and organize. We only get out what we put into ACE.

Who is it that is saying this??? Because the same people that were active when I joined 6 years ago are still the same ones that are active now unless they moved or are so swamped with work they can't get on here much.

Is it new people?

It kind of reminds me of people when they say they are bored, if your bored do something about it instead of just sitting there whining.

We really need more activities...lunches, cruises etc. I will try and make a lunch n cruise. But first were gonna have the ACE 10th year anniversary. Like bob told me that has to be the biggest turn out of the year..there are so many ace members I don't even know.but would like to meet. Common guys. Just post up a Restaurant and a date.and see where it goes from there. It's that easy.it only takes a little effort..people are always looking for something to do on the weekends.

We really need more activities...lunches, cruises etc. I will try and make a lunch n cruise. But first were gonna have the ACE 10th year anniversary. Like bob told me that has to be the biggest turn out of the year..there are so many ace members I don't even know.but would like to meet. Common guys. Just post up a Restaurant and a date.and see where it goes from there. It's that easy.it only takes a little effort..people are always looking for something to do on the weekends.

Hey Andrew.... There's a lunch Cruise before the 10th Anniversary, going up to Prescott this Saturday.

As of now, I don't see your name on it? C'mon....just sign up!

New job (same company), new house, new business, new golf courses and bowling alleys...no new time - same old 24 hrs I had before. But I miss all yooz guys and gals, and coming soon - the 10 year Anniversary of buying my first Corvette!

New job (same company), new house, new business, new golf courses and bowling alleys...no new time - same old 24 hrs I had before. But I miss all yooz guys and gals, and coming soon - the 10 year Anniversary of buying my first Corvette!

Hi Ya Mikey!

WHO???? :bolt:

We'll have to wait to hear from Shifty if there is a genuine F22trainer sighting in Tucson! :smilelol

I'm with a non profit group that sponcers under privilege kids..I'm new here but could throw a sponcered event.like a lunch.car show.50.50 raffel.. venders...have to know y'all first and know what I'm getting into..the last event I did raised 6000 for those kids...

post-2607-0-48286000-1398618583_thumb.jp