Why is ACE so Boring?

Eddie44

I have felt for sometime that ACE is losing its appeal to many. I thought it was just me but today at C&C I had two different ACE members ask me what's up with the lack of participation lately? Some of you may not have been around here long enough to remember Corvette Saturdays. If you had a project for you Vette you'd just host a work day and you'd have huge response of assistance. I can't remember the last time anyone did this. We used to do monthly lunches with different members (not one Admin/Mod) suggesting the place. We used to do almost monthly cruises even if it was just to Prescott for breakfast or lunch. Let's hear your suggestions and/or bitches! Silence means you don't give a shit and would just as soon it stay like it is.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• orangepeal

• Shifty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JLs Mistress

Not sure what you are talking about becase in the short time I have been here 21 months . I have never seen or heard of Corvette Saturday Events . Sounds like a cool idea .

I know the LX Forum has the same problem but a good turn out for them is 10 cars ...

I have talked to Tom {hoxxoh} about doing a install day for HUD , Rear or front Camera Or Add a Homelink, Etc. ... I know a dropped the ball on that . After 8 weeks of not doing anything I hope to be back in the saddle again in about 4 weeks . So Tom what do you think we should do ?

It seems about every 6 weeks or so, I always post up a burger run to prescott and get little to no response, At least the last time we went, there were 4 ACE members that tagged along. I don't know but it just seems that there is a lot going on with. I know we had a great ACE lunch in Feb abd the BBQ in Gilabedover was a good turn out. I'm not one to attend car shows but I'm always up for an ACE lunch and or a cruise.

It seems about every 6 weeks or so, I always post up a burger run to prescott and get little to no response, At least the last time we went, there were 4 ACE members that tagged along. I don't know but it just seems that there is a lot going on with. I know we had a great ACE lunch in Feb abd the BBQ in Gilabedover was a good turn out. I'm not one to attend car shows but I'm always up for an ACE lunch and or a cruise.

BBQ was good but it's another example. I remember a steady increase in numbers from about 15 Vettes at the first one I attended to over a hundred last year. I wasn't able to attend this year but hear there were about 65 Vettes. Why the drop in numbers?

I do miss the days of lunches where on average 20 to 25 Vettes would show. My main issue is for close to a year now, I am on 24 hour calls every other weekend. I think we need to schedule more Hooters or Tilted Kit lunches.

Same here, I am usually working on cars during the weekends, which seriously puts a damper on my participation, both virtually and in person.

Well Eddie as you know my main interest is in car shows. I have started several threads about various shows to let all the ACEholes know about these event. Perhaps all the attention to car shows has turned a lot of ACEholes off; they may feel that ACE is only interested in that type of event and have lost interest. I certainly hope that is not the case and that was never my intent! I realize most vette owners are not into car shows and maybe I should not start threads about them. Personally, I have enjoyed being associated with ACE much, much more than any of the more normal vette clubs! Not sure what the answer is. Just my 2 cents!

I'm not in a position to be teh Tucson whip, but we need one. We don't do crap down here, yet there are a butt-pile of Corvettes. Granted, Tucson is pretty lame, but there are a couple things to do here, Mt. Lemmon being one, Pima Air Museum another (see Tucson Events section). Sure, there's a few car shows, but that ain't really an ACE gtg.

It just feels slow here because I became a truck driver so I'm never here to stir things up.

Free Steg.

Facebook ??? How much activity is on there that may have been on here /?? just askin .... cause I'm not on facebook except with my kids and grand kids ....???

I think it's important that we have a variety of activities and car shows are a good example. How about when there's a show someone that's going set up a breakfast meeting place so it's done as a group and not just shoeing up and being in different corners of the show? Just a suggestion!

Just speaking for my self... Been busy with my house but always have time for A lunch or car show! Why just yesterday morning Extender and I were talking about breakfast or lunch in flagstaff. Most times were just waiting on someone settin something up! Don't want to be too assertive with our unofficial lunches either but, I don't mind settin up lunches as long as ACEholes are still interested. I think they are! I don't think that's the problem, I think time management is.

JLs Mistress

I think ACE is adjusting not dying . Life changes familys change . We start taking things for granted . Might be this post wil get us thinking and going down the ACE path again..

RR Bob and I went to WHP the last two weekends. I don't remember seeing another Vette there. I think we're done for this season, but maybe if there's some interest we could set something up for the Fall. I hope you guys don't feel like you're too old to play.

Those East coast guys have a Corvette Challenge monthly and have around 100 cars racing. They started it about 15 years ago with 8-10 guys. When I raced there in '08 there were 70-80 cars. They were all having a great time.

BTW, Ran a 10.92 @ 125.26 tonight in 2100' DA.

No one is going to be condemned for being too assertive. ACE needs folks to step up and plan events. The Admins and Mods are more than willing to help. One of the keys to numbers is planning far enough out to give folks time to plan. As stated, we're all busy but given a week or more notice most can make time for an event that they really want to participate in. It's great if you suddenly decide to do a run to Prescott for lunch tomorrow but don't expect much participation on short notice. As for no Vettes at WHP, that may be because I've never seen an event planned there. You mention the participation back east. Did you ever think it might be because someone probably plans and publicizes the event?

Interesting observation Eddie. Even though I've been away for a while, I've tried to keep in touch with some ACEholes and participate when I could when home. Even being back in AZ now, but in Tucson, it's hard to go to events when held only because of my work schedule. I have noticed what you are saying though and when I went to the BBQ, there was a noticable absense of vettes. I did have a great time though. People change, lives change and is probably a sign of the times maybe. It would be great to get things back on track again and have some fun.

Guest badbobs95

ACE isn't dying but things certainly have slowed down. The "Corvette Saturday" deal was and is a great idea to help out a fellow member in need and can also double as a workshop. I'm sure there are things that need to be done on some of our cars that just falls down on the priority list. It's easier for people like me that are retired but here's an example:

You have something that needs to be fixed but don't have a lift. We call ahead to Bruce at C&C, reserve the lift and meet there at 10:00 and have a workshop. John (jandmenter) and I do this all the time but never thought to announce it. There are so many things we can do for the cost of parts alone. Just start a thread and we'll be there if we can.

As for lunches and cruises, I'm always ready! Anyone can take the bull by the horns and plan one. Just make sure they do separate checks! And try to plan it three weeks or so ahead of time.

And remember C&C is the first Saturday of each month. We can turn this thing into an ACE event every month. Why not, he buys the food and drinks, we just show up and have a great time. ACE participation is growing every month. There were lots of ACE members there yesterday. I know this is getting a little wordy. I'll go take another nap. :boobies:

I’ve just been busy as all get out trying to get all the big chunks sorted on my other project before it gets to be a million degrees out....

I have been involved with a large amount of different groups and find as the originators of the group start to move on there are not many who want to take over.

eventually there is onther group that will pick up the pace, it seems here with the ACE group we have many that are interested in doing it they just need more encouragement.

Facebook ??? How much activity is on there that may have been on here /?? just askin .... cause I'm not on facebook except with my kids and grand kids ....???

Actual ACE action on facebook is almost non existent. Many of us are "friends" on FB and keep in touch that way, but it's more like our personal lives, not so much ACE comings and goings.

I think more would go to Prescott with more notice. We should plan a trip soon!

If someone can place a call to my employer, and everyone who expects me to work almost every waking hour just to break even, I could make a bunch more events...

I think more would go to Prescott with more notice. We should plan a trip soon!

See the new thread I started today about the display only corvette show in Payson on May 10. You may not mind this type of show since it isn't judged and all you do is show up, meet people, and leave when you want to. A good show for guys who don't like shows.

If someone can place a call to my employer, and everyone who expects me to work almost every waking hour just to break even, I could make a bunch more events...

Bingo!!

The dollar is low on power!!

The problem is the powers that be are modifying the dollar to go much faster than it used to..

It kind of works the same as modifying our cars.

BTW. Tom did a 10.92 last night I witnessed it!

I didn’t fare as well only running a best of 11.48, but I’m okay with that I was only techd. for 11.50 anyway.

Bingo!!

The dollar is low on power!!

The problem is the powers that be are modifying the dollar to go much faster than it used to..

It kind of works the same as modifying our cars.

I've been feeling it worse and worse with each passing week. I'm hoping to have my house paid off before it forces me into a second job...