NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

How To Remove A Z06 Roof Panel

Loud Pedal

I found this posted on the corvetteforum. Wonder if I should make mine a targa top? lol

Still waiting for my panel to come in. Hope it holds. :U

What a couple of freakin morons. Wish I had money to just throw away like that though.

Those two are sad.

GM's roofs are sadder at this moment!!! I think they had no choice, either let it flap in the breeze our kick it out!

What a couple of freakin morons. Wish I had money to just throw away like that though.

Those two are sad.

GM's roofs are sadder at this moment!!! I think they had no choice, either let it flap in the breeze our kick it out!

Maybe, but they were having fun with it, and that's the sad part.

GM needs to be slapped yes, but man alive those two are crazy.

Those two are sad.

They tried to hold the top on and drive but that didn't work!

You going to call a tow truck or fix the problem here and now??

He had just left the dealership after two tries at a fix.

He wasn't going to leave the car at the dealership!!

I know the guy and he isn't a spoiled brat!! Just practical!!

Ken

Those two are sad.

They tried to hold the top on and drive but that didn't work!

You going to call a tow truck or fix the problem here and now??

He had just left the dealership after two tries at a fix.

He wasn't going to leave the car at the dealership!!

I know the guy and he isn't a spoiled brat!! Just practical!!

Ken

:agree

If, heaven forbid, I end up in the same scenario, I would probably do the same thing. Perhaps less theatrics, but like Ken said, what else are you gonna do.

After seeing the panel removed, I'm now wondering why they couldn't have done a removable panel. It seems to be plausible. Sure loved the rag tops and if there is any complaint at all about the car its that I can't get sun on my melon on a nice day. Yeah, I know... poor Dave. :lol

After seeing the panel removed, I'm now wondering why they couldn't have done a removable panel. It seems to be plausible. Sure loved the rag tops and if there is any complaint at all about the car its that I can't get sun on my melon on a nice day. Yeah, I know... poor Dave. :lol

Having watched a few of the first Z06's made during our plant tour there is a short (4"-6") stub of square tubing that comes out of the piller just behind the driver/passenger heads. The roof is then fastened to that. Otherwise it looked just like the coupes.

Oh yeah, poor Dave! If you get tired of not having a removeable roof I've got a vert that I'll trade you. I won't even take any cash knowing that it's got a shitty roof. :D

I think that I would pry it up as mush as I could and shoot some glue in there. That looks like thats all the factory did only not very well. Worth a shot. Robert :burnout