NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Help....

CZYDMND

Ok, Driving home and low oil level code comes on so I pull into closes dealership get my oil change......I drive out, get 2 blocks from home and guess what??? Code pops back Up.....Low oil level... :banghead

I pull in garage look under car no oil leaks, I check the dip stick it's full........

Waited 20 min chk again full...and code still there...... :banghead

I have had this B4 after driving to vegas.....I know C5 oil consumptions......maybe a oil sensor out.....

I have a spare sensor but its not so easy to install on the vette.

I got it for a friends truck, when he would start the engine he got a low oil level alarm then if he would rev the engine the gauge would pop up where it belonged so we thought it was the sensor. So.. we swapped the sensor because on a 6.0 liter truck its no problem but

"no good". Same problem. as it turns out if we let it set for 30 minutes or so it would do it again, it turned out to be the oil pump has this pressure relief valve and it is suposed to hold the oil up in the engine when the engine is turned off so yu have oil in it when you start it but the thing doesn't release once you start the motor, it was just sticking. He had a warranty so he got the complete oil pump and water pump replaced for a $100.00 deductable.

I was looking at my manual for my C5 and it says I have to remove the intake to replace my sensor so its a givin, if I ever have to replace mine... intake upgrade.. :thumbs

I have a spare sensor but its not so easy to install on the vette.

I got it for a friends truck, when he would start the engine he got a low oil level alarm then if he would rev the engine the gauge would pop up where it belonged so we thought it was the sensor. So.. we swapped the sensor because on a 6.0 liter truck its no problem but

"no good". Same problem. as it turns out if we let it set for 30 minutes or so it would do it again, it turned out to be the oil pump has this pressure relief valve and it is suposed to hold the oil up in the engine when the engine is turned off so yu have oil in it when you start it but the thing doesn't release once you start the motor, it was just sticking. He had a warranty so he got the complete oil pump and water pump replaced for a $100.00 deductable.

I was looking at my manual for my C5 and it says I have to remove the intake to replace my sensor so its a givin, if I ever have to replace mine... intake upgrade.. :thumbs

go in and RESET all your codes first thing

ignition on - RESET the door ajar message or anyother messages.

press and hold options and while holding, press fuel 4 times - it then cycles through the "auto" mode - you can't catch the reset during this, but you can cycle up and down in manual mode - i

further directions....http://corvettedoctor.com/2004_DTC_Codes.html

reset each/any code - see if it comes back.

i had codes for my tire pressure senders - of which i have none - i cleared all the codes, and the message has not come back since (i used to "reset" the check TPS error every time i started my car and it was getting REAL annoying)

Low oil level, and low oil pressure are two separate circuits and two separate sensors. The low oil level sensor is most likely mounted in the side of the oil pan, so its much easier than the oil press. sensor...Joe

So i drove more last night and code did not pop back on....and nothing this morning driving to work so maybe it just needed to reset or something who knows.......But if it's out you have to pull the exhaust so maybe new exhaust if it needs replaced....

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Just keep checking your dipstick... while the sensor can be faulty, the dipstick cant! If it does need a sensor, its located inside the oil pan which means the pan needs to be dropped... we had one of these go out on a CTS-V cadillac with the similar symptoms! If you do have to drop the pan, what better time then to replace it with a Z06 oil pan :)

Just keep checking your dipstick... while the sensor can be faulty, the dipstick cant! If it does need a sensor, its located inside the oil pan which means the pan needs to be dropped... we had one of these go out on a CTS-V cadillac with the similar symptoms! If you do have to drop the pan, what better time then to replace it with a Z06 oil pan :)

Is there something special about a Z06 oil pan?

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Its a two piece pan instead and has special baffling so it doesnt lose oil pressure under hard acceleration or cornering, where as the stock LS1 pan can shift all the oil at high forces causing the pickup tube to cavitate

Its a two piece pan instead and has special baffling so it doesnt lose oil pressure under hard acceleration or cornering, where as the stock LS1 pan can shift all the oil at high forces causing the pickup tube to cavitate

Ouch, that could be bad...good thing I don't run it on the track. :D