NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Any Insight On C5 Headlight Open/close Problems?

Phoenix FRC

So a few days ago my drivers side headlight didn't open, I fumbled with it a few times and got it open and when I got home it closed on the first try.

naturally I have something broken and it will need to be fixed.

It made a noise, the motor that moves the light open & close tuned for several seconds after the light was completely down.

I'll also check CF to see how many million times someone has posted about it.

later,

Mine is doing the same thing.....It's the gear in it, they are plastic I'm going to get it replaced with a metal one.

I'm going to be installing mine in a couple of days well maybe next weekend when I get my part in...

post-168-1159485763.jpg

Careful with the pass side cover. The drivers side is held in place but the pass side has a tendency to fall off. I know from experience. Heat dries out the epoxy and we all know we don't have heat here in AZ. Mine have been messed up for about 6mos but I just haven't gotten around to fixing them.

Where did you get those parts Eddie?

I'll order the metal stuff too if that's my problem.

I'll look at the post and I saw some stuff on CF.

Once I get it figured out, I'll be happy to help the rest of us that have this same problem., no problem.. :thumbs

Edit...

Ok, read the post, I'll call extreme and see if they have one of those in stock. otherwise, I'll order the metal one.... if.... it looks difficult, if its super easy I might be willing o mess with it as needed for the cheaper parts cost.

I'll run out to the garage and have a look at it = ammm... now..