NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Borrow a ball joint separator?

theChad

Anyone have one I could borrow for a bit? A friend of mine is installing a eforce supercharger on his C6. J-42188 or DT-47731 Thanks!

So I'm guessing you two will be whacking off his ball joint together? INTERESTING........ SLAMMER

You can rent one at auto zone if no one has one. But you don't have to have one for an e force install. If the tie rod is being stubborn on the spindle in coming out just spray it with pb, put the nut on it a few threads and hit it with a rubber mallet on the top. Should come right out.

So I'm guessing you two will be whacking off his ball joint together? INTERESTING........ SLAMMER

I thought you'd like that. I'll send you pictures for your collection. What's your phone number? :)

You can rent one at auto zone if no one has one. But you don't have to have one for an e force install. If the tie rod is being stubborn on the spindle in coming out just spray it with pb, put the nut on it a few threads and hit it with a rubber mallet on the top. Should come right out.

That might work. He said he'll try that first. Thanks, Joe!

I have one Chad, I'm in the Moon Valley area.

Thanks for the offer. I may be in touch. Stay tuned for a possible PM. Thanks!