NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Wild Horse Pass Dragstrip Saturday February 8, 2014

FNBADAZ06

I want to go play, but I'll be walking!

Why....what happened to da Dawg ?

I got a spare tranny in garage. Manual though.

I'll be there hoping to beat up on some Camaros and corvettes in the wife's car. Put some girly stickers on it as the latest mods.

no warranrty anymore so i'll have to use my hooker and blow money :eek

Ugh.....then definetly a 3600 stall (at minimum). RR Bob just stepped up to a 4000, like Tom and MikeG.

Keep pace, please :thumbs

I suspect the 11.50 rule will be in full effect for us non-rollbar guys.

1000' runs for me until I feel I have a great 60' launch and a solid run on the hook.

We're tweeking my tune this week, so I'm really interested to see where that puts me in comparison to my E85 power and times.

And what kind of surprises can we expect ...... more surprises for the "bolt on" guys ??? :wacked:

Just talked to Mike G. and he's going tomorrow. I haven't had any confirmation that there will be a TnT lane, so the only alternative will be paying the additional fee to compete. That'll also require passing the organizations tech in addition to the track tech.

Apparently they plan to shut down for two weeks to fix the stuff before the Division 7 races. Hal (ex-manager at Speedworld) who is now the announcer, said the Indians are micro-managing the whole deal and they know nothing. The main manager is an ex-NASCAR guy who originally wanted to charge racers $100 and spectators $30 on Friday nights. At least he didn't get the nod for that, since it would have caused massive U-turns at the ticket counter.

I sure question bringing in tons of dirt to put on the track for tractor pulls in March. Can you imagine the mess that'll leave, especially if it rains.

Personally, as much as I really want to get back to racing again, I doubt they'll resolve even half the problems before hot weather kills the desire. If I can only get one pass for my $30, I'd at least like to have good track prep and get a timeslip.

For 5 years I paid $30 and got 1 time slip, shit prep and 7-10k DA. If I get 1 pass shit prep and <5k DA I'm happy.

Tires swapped, all ready to rock. See you tomorrow.

Well there was chunks on top of the valve body, so new tranny time.. anyone have one laying around ?

How bout Sean at Top Gear .... he could probably rebuild yours for maybe less ??? and add some punch to it as well .....???

I've only used his shop one time for the C5 ... but he's always recommended by some here .... Steve may have an update on his services ..??

Can I say......AWESOME DAY AT THE TRACK !!!!!!! :thumbs

No junk to f' up the day, great track prep, and pretty well organized !!! Hats off to the crew out there today....and thanks for the "one day reprieve" from the 11.50 rule :)

and thanks for the "one day reprieve" from the 11.50 rule :)

you can't post that comment without some proof you needed that reprieve