NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Black Magic Marker

Grape Ape

Hey, just wondering what I can use to remove a black magic marker line from my painted mirror? Will alcohol work or something else without hurting the paint? Don't care about the wax being removed as that can always be reapplied. I was out cleaning the car and noticed the mark. Didn't notice it a couple weeks ago when I cleaned it for the show. Don't know how it got there. I can get a picture if needed but don't really think it's necessary.

Isopropyl alcohol will not hurt the paint. I have seen a dry erase ink marker take off permanent marker by writing over it, then erasing it.

Thanks Ted, I will try the polish first and then alcohol if that doesn't work. I tried to upload a picture but photobucket is down for maintenance at the moment.

Time for a new Grape Ape.

Nope, I SAVED HIM.......Yeah....Thanks Ted. Had to use alcohol to get it off. Polish wouldn't cut it. It's all good again and I can go out in public.

GRAPE APE RIDES AGAIN!!!!!! :spinin:

Guest badbobs95

Nope, I SAVED HIM.......Yeah....Thanks Ted. Had to use alcohol to get it off. Polish wouldn't cut it. It's all good again and I can go out in public.

GRAPE APE RIDES AGAIN!!!!!! :spinin:

This can't be. I wanted to tell you how to do it!

Sorry Bob, if you weren't out in the garage doing your own thang you would have seen I was a damsel in distress and needed rescuing. Kind'a pissed me off a little seeing it. Don't know how or when it got there but it had to be in the last couple weeks. The only places I've been was the car show at Desert Ridge and the Thursday lunch.

I've been thinking about this for the last couple hours. If anyone is interested let me know. Maybe it's time to upgrade or downgrade, however you want to think of it. Maybe a nice ORANGE C6 is in order......

Don't believe it, he doesn't know what he's saying. Step away from the computer and take a deep breath mrhusker.......NOW... :twak:

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

Hey, just wondering what I can use to remove a black magic marker line from my painted mirror? Will alcohol work or something else without hurting the paint? Don't care about the wax being removed as that can always be reapplied. I was out cleaning the car and noticed the mark. Didn't notice it a couple weeks ago when I cleaned it for the show. Don't know how it got there. I can get a picture if needed but don't really think it's necessary.

As Ted suggested, polishing it will likely remove it. Another good idea that i've used quite a few times when removing paint transfer is to allow some polish to actually sit on the spot and sort of "soak in"…it will help to break down the mark…then work it by hand and with a microfiber towel and most likely it will start to give a little at a time :)

By the title I thought you had one of these incidents.

Posted Imagemarkerface-6.jpeg

That's just wrong. I had someone use permanent sharpie on our whiteboard at work. Wouldn't come off. Wife said to use hairspray and it came right off. Not sure what it would do to paint.

I was a damsel in distress

Pictures or it didn't happen..... And I wonder if any of these so called experts ever heard of a clay bar .... ????