NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Hood

Unreal

Got the hood painted. Funny how it looks like the new z06 hood before that was even out for pictures. I'm sure people are going to think I copied that.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Painter has been awesome. If anyone needs paint work this guy is the man.

Should look killer on the car, will you also be doing the skirts in carbon?

One day, but looks stuff is last on my list. Still plenty of other stuff to do first. This was done for cooling, wheels where done for traction. I would be happy with a stock looking car still.

Got to get the new headers on, new tranny in, new pulleys on, and some other stuff. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Guest badbobs95

Should look killer on the car, will you also be doing the skirts in carbon?

One day, but looks stuff is last on my list. Still plenty of other stuff to do first. This was done for cooling, wheels where done for traction. I would be happy with a stock looking car still.

Got to get the new headers on, new tranny in, new pulleys on, and some other stuff. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

I'm sure it will help keep your temps down. Looks great to. :Dude:

I'm sure. Temps dropped 15-20F and it isn't even hot yet. You can see the heat pouring out of the vents driving everywhere.

I knew that was coming. I picked this out and it was painted long before those photos came out.

How is the edge between the new silver paint and the old carbon fiber? Is there an edge or did they spray over the carbon fiber with new clear coat?

The whole hood was sanded down, painted, then recleared. Waiting on wet sand and buff. Haven't seen it in person but there will be no edge.

I like that you left some of it black / carbon fiber. Is the silver just a shade off or is it the picture?

Just picture and maybe the fact that I put 3-4 coats of wax on rest of car but none on hood until paint is settled. Painter said wait 2-3 weeks before putting any wax/sealant on it.

Looks good, it was only just now I put your user name with the Facebook profile I saw this under.... I am really bad at remembering things, it must be the Mad Cow.