When is the C5 Joining classic glass section?

GOLDCYLON

Does anyone consider it a classic? Perhaps when the 1997 is 25 years old.

Ted using that logic the 1996 or the end of the C4 run isnt 25 either. So it must be by generation right? So I ask again why is the C5 not here in classic glass? mods?

To be perfectly honest, I don't even think the C4 should be considered "Classic Glass" but that's just my opinion. I only thing that category applies to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations.

Could look at it a few different ways: 1) At what age does a car qualify for Historic plates? Does that make it "Classic"? 2) Perhaps the defining cutoff would be the integration of OBD or electronic fuel injection? 3) Wouldn't any generation of car which is not the current generation then be considered Classic? So C6 would now be considered "Classic"

This could be an interesting discussion

To be perfectly honest, I don't even think the C4 should be considered "Classic Glass" but that's just my opinion. I only thing that category applies to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations.

Could look at it a few different ways: 1) At what age does a car qualify for Historic plates? Does that make it "Classic"? 2) Perhaps the defining cutoff would be the integration of OBD or electronic fuel injection? 3) Wouldn't any generation of car which is not the current generation then be considered Classic? So C6 would now be considered "Classic"

Frankly neither do I. I think its fine for C1s-C3s as well. I would like to see the C4 section come back on its own as well. Hell the 96 was the first OBDII Corvette. Is it possible for the C4s to have their own section ? Or C1 - C7 sections for that matter ? Please :)

Ted using that logic the 1996 or the end of the C4 run isnt 25 either. So it must be by generation right? So I ask again why is the C5 not here in classic glass? mods?
No, but the 1984 is, which is why I used the 1997 as an example.

Frankly neither do I. I think its fine for C1s-C3s as well. I would like to see the C4 section come back on its own as well. Hell the 96 was the first OBDII Corvette. Is it possible for the C4s to have their own section ? Or C1 - C7 sections for that matter ? Please :)

There's probably too few of us C4 owners around to justify our own section. If you remember, some of the ACEholes (like one member whose name I will not give, but it rhymes with "Meg" and he just made his wife an ACEhole) believe the C4s are the "throw away generation". If we push too hard for our own section the members may vote to ban us all together!! :facepalm:

Historic plates in AZ are available for vehicles over 25 years old. I think that's close enough for the C4's. We certainly don't want to call them modern. :lol

So I'm not sure what he point of any of this is. It isn't like the ACE forum has separate C5, C6, and C7 sections (like on the Big Board). Are you just not wanting your C4 called out as "Classic" or are you just breaking our balls about this? :lol

I think that C1, C2, C3 are the classics and C4, C5, C6 and now C7 belong together. :2cents

Sure Donna, we know you just want to hang out with the fun guys!!!

:bananaparty:

So I'm not sure what he point of any of this is. It isn't like the ACE forum has separate C5, C6, and C7 sections (like on the Big Board). Are you just not wanting your C4 called out as "Classic" or are you just breaking our balls about this? :lol

Yes.

Misery loves company. :lol

I agree now that there is a completly new ( C7 ) the others have dropped down to classic as there will soon be no parts available for the C5 then the C6 , that is trully what makes them classic.

Sections for each generation would be dead, yes we can do it but I always saw no activity as a bad thing... But I guess it doesn't matter now since even a dead section draws search engine hits. We can break it up if everyone wants it....

I like it as is, being I now have a C5 and gave my C4 to my son. The reason is that I enjoy reading about all the generation's of Vetts.

No, but the 1984 is, which is why I used the 1997 as an example.
Granted using the 84 as your example

Either way pull it or create either sections.. And no balls were harmed lol

• 2 months later...

I can (and did) register my car with the DMV as a "Classic Car", for which the requirement was it had to be 25 or more years old and must carry the appropriate classic car insurance - subject to review every 6 months.

Because the C4 is still the longest running generation in terms of production years, it's no wonder some can be "classics" and others not just yet. C5's just have to wait their turn and grow up a little more!

One thing is for sure - they are all destined to become "Classic Cars" !

Because the C4 is still the longest running generation in terms of production years, it's no wonder some can be "classics" and others not just yet. C5's just have to wait their turn and grow up a little more!

Well, I hate to be picky, but actually the C3s were the longest running generation. The C3s ran for 15 years while the C4s ran for only 13. Pretty long run for the "throw away generation" (C4s) wouldn't you say GREG!

Larry beat me to it, C3 = 68 to 82..

You flyboys shur aint gud at arithmatik is ya?