Turtle Wax Black Box

Grape Ape

Here's my assessment of the Turtle Wax Black Box kit. Not overall happy with it but I have never been a Turtle Wax kind of person. If anyone that has a dark Vette or dark car in general and wants what's left over, let me know and I will get the rest of what I have left to you. Be for warned though, it DOES turn everything it touches black,

Yup, I'm with you on not liking Turtle Wax stuff.

Everything I've ever used from Meguiar's is good, and will definitely stick with their stuff!!

Carnauba wax tips... Apply it so thin you think there's nothing going on the paint. Let it dry completely. Then buff off. Park in the sun for a day to let it (melt? blend in?) whatever you call it... Prepare to rewax 17.4 days later. Is it black to hide the powder and globs left behind ? And if we get 437 new members all wanting your free offer your in trouble, .

Guest badbobs95

I bought the same kit when I had the black 95. I wasn't impressed either. If it's used on a dark car, it does hide the minor scratches. But why not just remove them? The only good thing about it is when it dries, it doesn't turn white. I wouldn't buy it again.

Bromley's Corvettes

I have used it on a black Harley with good results but I never tried it on a car. It says its made for use on black not shore why you would use it on anything other then black.

Well, I was pretty sure it wouldn't paint my car black since its just a wax. So I tried it. If no one wants it by Wednesday, its in the trash for Thursday pickup.

Hey Mark...if nobody ends up wanting it, hang onto it and I'll take it from you when I meet you to get your interior parts back to you. I'm sure I can probably use it up on something. Maybe I'll wax my black motorcycle trailer with it!