NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Gateway Chevrolet

caw0917

Had my C6 roof repaired/replaced at Gateway (near the 101 and 99th) recently. John Sheldon was my representative. Both he and the dealership were very courteous and did an excellent job in my opinion. The repairs were done very timely and very well. Consider this my recommendation for dealership repair if anyone's searching for one.

:clap

-A

Had my C6 roof repaired/replaced at Gateway (near the 101 and 99th) recently. John Sheldon was my representative. Both he and the dealership were very courteous and did an excellent job in my opinion. The repairs were done very timely and very well. Consider this my recommendation for dealership repair if anyone's searching for one.

:clap

-A

I'll second that. I had the C^ in for 1st oil change and a couple of other issues including the blemish to the Driver's window and a very slight alignment pull at speed. John and the crew changed the oil, order a replacement achtray that wouldn't stay shut, did a full alignment, and order a replacement driver's side window, no questions asked.

If you hadn't read before, he also has a C5 Z06 so he was perfectly understandable when I asked them to be extremely careful.

One complaint. They did forget to reset the oil life meter but that isn't anything major. :cheers

I cannot agree. I took mine in to them for diagnostic work and I got the impression they didn't know what the he!! they were doing. They refunded me my money once I figured out what was wrong and actually wanted me to come back so I could tell them what they did wrong. ???

Aren't they the mechanics??????????

My peronal opinion is to steer clear of them.

I'm glad you got good service. My guess is you were lucky. :yesnod

My personal experience is that it's pretty much hit or miss with stealerships. You might get good service one time and the next time the FUBAR it. A lot depends "who" works on your car. There are good and bad mechanics, as with any other profession.

The only stealership I'll take the Z to is Brown and Brown in Mesa, and only because I've never taken my Vette's anywhere else for warranty work. When the warranty is up, my Vette will never see a stealership again! Too many other options.

B&B did a lot of work to the '03 with about a 98% suceess rate, but the mis-fires were hair raising. They did a great job rebuilding the tranny and installing a new clutch (under warranty with no questions asked) but they left the bolts loose on the rear under-carriage and on the way home the car would suddenly change lanes all by itself at freeway speed. :eek

They did a great job changing out the driver's side fuel tank that leaked, but broke the new module putting it in and I had to wait a week for a replacement.

They gave me a free oil change for good ratings on a GM survey, but when I picked up the car it had a "check engine light." This was caused when the "mechanic" (and I use that term loosely) removed the radiator cap instead of the oil filler cap, and blew boiling hot antifreeze all over my engine compartment, and (hopefully) himself.

[relax, Tim, I cleaned it up!] :lol

I could go on but nuf said. I'd rather take a beating than my Vette to a stealership for repair. :bang:bang:bang

Guest XLR8TNC5

I am also glad to hear you had success with them. My advice, STAY WAYYYYYYYYYYY clear of the paint booth in that place. Their remarks to me when I stated there was some flaws in a bumper I had them repaint, "Well, it's not going to be perfect. Here is $50 back on your $1200 paint job!" My reply, Redo the paint job and this time, DO NOT WASH THE CAR!!! WhenI picked it up, it was dirtier and scratched up from some ahole using a rag with a rock in it than before I dropped it off.

I don't remember who the guy was that I dealt with, but I explained tohim it better be perfect or all 300+ members of my Corvette Club would be advised to steer clear of their dealership for any bodywork. His reply, "You don't know that many people!" What a putz!!!

*Oh, and I made sure to keep the REAL feelings out of this post and posted only the facts.* They would never get my vote for anything.

[relax, Tim, I cleaned it up!] :lol

OK I'll put away the gun away now...boy was that a close call. :lol

I've never had a bad time with John and Gateway. I agree with Steve when he says its a hit or miss whenever you take your car to a Stealership, and as far as that goes you can have a bad time no matter where you take your car, your odds may just be better at one place over another. The true answer to the service issue we may all have is how your treated after the fact and how the issue is resolved. LikeTanya said she went back and they didn't care, so bye bye Gateway as far as the bodyshop is concerned!

CAW, glad your service went well!