TT camaro results

joe@cpr.com

Ok got some more numbers for everyone that I think you will be happy with. The graph showing the 3 settings is as follows.
15 psi 4th gear
17 psi 5th gear
21 commanded but only holds 19.5 5th gear
We had to do 5th gear because it was maxing out the tq reading on his dyno. So we did a 15psi pull in 4th and 5th to show the loss in power to try and show what it would make on high boost assuming it jumps up the same hp not a % gain. which would mean it would go up higher. Now the reasoning for the commanded 21 and falling off to 19.5 could be a few things as we have eliminated the possibility of wastegate spring. There could be a restriction on the exhaust housing ie the .82 not flowing enough and needing to step up to the 1.0. or the small outlets on the charge side and the y-pipe agp makes to connect the two. Personally I feel it's on the exhaust side as when it hits 21psi it basically instantly drops to 19.5.
Here is the graph showing the difference from the blower (in 4th gear) to the turbo on max boost (in 5th gear) pretty funny it made the same peak hp but jesus look at the curve compared to the blower!!!!!! All of us agree that in 4th this thing is every bit 1130-1150 rwhp assuming it picks up the same hp difference from 4th to 5th as on low boost. It could be more if the difference is a % gain not a simple jump up.
This is the same as above just the peak hp on the blower one (yellow) was clicked in the wrong spot.
This graph shows the difference between low boost and high both done in 5th gear.
Please take note the difference in 15psi in 4th and 5th. 926 vs 824 rwhp! This thing is making some serious power that's for sure :)
Video's of the pulls

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy good numbers for sure. Weird you had to use 5th. I'm surprised that thing was ok spinning 200mph.

I run a 1.02 A/R for that reason. That motor definitely likes to breathe.

Car just made too much torque for that dyno.

No reason to go up from the .82s. Back pressure is not an issue with the big turbine wheels it has. In fact I would go down in size on the 376 until it gets a 400+ motor.

Funny how the dynapaks deal with torque. They have a ~4000nm limit which is ~2400 ft-lbs. That sounds like a ton of torque but then you have to take the torque multiplication of the gears/tranny/rear and add that in. So a 1:1 4th gear with a 3.42 rear gear means if the motor makes 1000ftlbs then that is 3420ftlbs at the rear hub. Of course there is all sorts of loss and other stuff so things are approximate. Now when they run it in 5th with a .840 ratio is will lower the torque so the dyno doesn't freak out, but then the dyno calculates the power all funky because it wants a 1:1 ratio.

Looking back, Tony should have changed the rear end ratio in the tranny to take account for 5th gear and numbers would have been more in line. Car is probably in the ~1200rwhp range as it sits.

Yah, I was like how in the hell are they hitting 4000NM, that is 2300ftlbs. Then read up on them and what gears/etc. You could have a 800rwhp with 4.56 gears max it out because of the torque limit.

Car just made too much torque for that dyno.

No reason to go up from the .82s. Back pressure is not an issue with the big turbine wheels it has. In fact I would go down in size on the 376 until it gets a 400+ motor.

Funny how the dynapaks deal with torque. They have a ~4000nm limit which is ~2400 ft-lbs. That sounds like a ton of torque but then you have to take the torque multiplication of the gears/tranny/rear and add that in. So a 1:1 4th gear with a 3.42 rear gear means if the motor makes 1000ftlbs then that is 3420ftlbs at the rear hub. Of course there is all sorts of loss and other stuff so things are approximate. Now when they run it in 5th with a .840 ratio is will lower the torque so the dyno doesn't freak out, but then the dyno calculates the power all funky because it wants a 1:1 ratio.

Looking back, Tony should have changed the rear end ratio in the tranny to take account for 5th gear and numbers would have been more in line. Car is probably in the ~1200rwhp range as it sits.

Dis mutha f'er knows! haha

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.