NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C5 track car progress

android

completely gutted and caged. No ABS, no TC, new 442CI motor, wilwood brakes, CCW Classic wheels 17x12 on all 4 corners with Hoosier rubber, AND NO ROOF!! final touches and paint in the next 2 - 3 weeks. See you guys at ProAuto on the 18th (fingers crossed)!!

post-2121-0-92807300-1387824720_thumb.jp

Is it still considered a Corvette? I think you're down to about 2200 lbs. :laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin:

Sure it is a corvette; I am constantly working/wrenching on it... doesn't that make it a corvette? 2900lbs loaded is the goal, I think we'll be a little over!!

Is it still considered a Corvette? I think you're down to about 2200 lbs. :laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin:

Sure it is a corvette; I am constantly working/wrenching on it... doesn't that make it a corvette? 2900lbs loaded is the goal, I think we'll be a little over!!

Also, the motor WAS a LS3... it may look a little bit different now.

Using a corvette for actual racing? Crazy idea. To me that is more of a vette than the low mileage one you see parked at a car show. That is more of an overpriced paperweight to me than this car. Good job.

Guest badbobs95

Using a corvette for actual racing? Crazy idea. To me that is more of a vette than the low mileage one you see parked at a car show. That is more of an overpriced paperweight to me than this car. Good job.

Oh Nick, you're a meanie! I was joking since it looked like he removed the hatch and the top. And I agree with you, some guy had a 98 for sale that had 3K miles on it! What a waste. He'll be lucky to get $15,000 for it. Now that wasn't a good investment but I'm sure he told everybody that he met that he owned a Corvette.

• 3 weeks later...
VenomOnWheels

I don't see a seat in there for me ride along. Can I bring a folding chair and some duct tape on the 18th?

~Dale

I don't see a seat in there for me ride along. Can I bring a folding chair and some duct tape on the 18th? ~Dale

Sure! I am afraid to ask, "what is the duct tape for?" We have never met and that is a bold step on the first date. FYI it is looking like we will not be track ready on the 18th... so sad. Cross your fingers for a small miracle, just maybe.