NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Best Drag Radial For A C4

phxscooby101

The car is a 1992 6-speed with a 383.

The current options are Nitto 555R 275-40 17 cost 149.00each or

The BF g-force T/A Drag radial 275-40 17 cost 169.00each.

I would use these at the drag track mostly so wear is not an issue, but I would like to get 8k miles out of them if thats even possible. I'm open to other ideas on different brands so please chime in. Thanks, Chad R.

Ive had BFG drag radials and MT ET Radials (not et streets). And the MT's hook way better and they were smaller. 275-40/17 for the MT and 315-35/17 for the BFG. Although everyone has their own opinion, so youll definitely hear different from someone. Just my .02 .....Joe

Hey were those MT straight drag with no tread? Are you running them only in the rear? Driveable on the streets?

I see they sell the MT et street which looks like you can drive them to the track? Just says DOT approved.Thanks Chad

Guest Sidewinder

Nitto's hands down!!! We have 555's DR's on the back of both of our vettes and drive them to the meets and to Laughlin. I will never put another BFG Drag radial on my car again.

Nitto's hands down!!! We have 555's DR's on the back of both of our vettes and drive them to the meets and to Laughlin. I will never put another BFG Drag radial on my car again.

when my BFG D/Rs are ready for replacement, i will go with the Nittos. i have the 315/35/18 on my car and when cornering with them, the seem to "fade" side to side especially at higher speeds - from what mark says, his nittos have NO GIVE - however, they are a 285/35/18 - that may have something to do with it, but regardless, i'm gonna give them a try and see how they treat me :burnout

Thanks all it looks like the nittos 555r will be going on for this weekend at speedworld Saturday. They seem to grip enough but also last longer than the BF and MT's, which are superior for traction but I don't want to break anything.

Everyone is welcome to head out with us, we plan on being at the track at 6pm on 9-30-2006.

Thanks for the advice. :thumbs Later, Chad R.

Hey were those MT straight drag with no tread? Are you running them only in the rear? Driveable on the streets?

I see they sell the MT et street which looks like you can drive them to the track? Just says DOT approved.Thanks Chad

I am not talking about the ET street. The ones I am referring to are regular drag radials, like the Nittos or BFGs. They are called ET Radials. But I have heard the Nittos are great though. I have not had good luck with the BFGs, although my launch technique leaves much to be desired so maybe its just me or my car.