do you have any floppy disks?

or music cassette tapes?

or Rotary Phones?

or Typewriters?

or CRT tube televisions?

or Pagers?

just wondering?

:-D

Did you replace your VHS with Betamax? You can really see the difference in quality!!

If you cant sell them and you itemize on your taxes you should donate them to Goodwill. I think you can get atleast $1 each for tax purposes.

the IRS uses this site as one of its valuation for goods donated.

http://satruck.org/donation-value-guide

it lists DVD's at $2 to $5 each.

There is NO listing for VHS tapes.

$2000 worth of tapes smells dangerous to me. Id almost write them off at $0.50 to $0.75 each.

as always talk to your tax professional ( NOT H&R Block.. they are morons) first.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Eight-Tips-for-Deducting-Charitable-Contributions

Fair market value is generally the price at which property would change hands between a willing buyer and a willing seller, neither having to buy or sell, and both having reasonable knowledge of all the relevant facts.

To claim a deduction for contributions of cash or property equaling $250 or more you must have a bank record, payroll deduction records or a written acknowledgment from the qualified organization showing the amount of the cash and a description of any property contributed, and whether the organization provided any goods or services in exchange for the gift.

When you drop off the items they will give you a paper to fill out stating what was donated for something of this size I would take a picture of the items and keep it with the paper work.

• 2 weeks later...

do you have any floppy disks? or music cassette tapes? or Rotary Phones? or Typewriters? or CRT tube televisions? or Pagers? just wondering? :-D

I just CRIED laughing!!!

Did you replace your VHS with Betamax? You can really see the difference in quality!!

STOP IT!! I can't stop laughing! I'm starting to look weird!

VenomOnWheels

You got any 8-track tapes? 4-tracks will do if you've got the player to go with them.