NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Added a new mini spliter

Guest badbobs95

Looks fantastic! Where did you find it, if you don't mind me asking?

Where did you get it? Do they have them for C6's?

So Bob....are you gonna speak up and answer these questions or

Am I gonna have to ask a third time? :armed:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I think it has a much cleaner look and you don't have to look at those ugly air dams.

And it was a whole $50.00!!!!!!

Looks great

Guest badbobs95

OK-OK! I go to bed early cause I'm old! Clicky here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-04-Corvette-C5-OEM-Style-Chin-Lip-Spoiler-Splitter-/220754574810?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3365ff7dda

It"s soft and easy to work with. But you do need to put your car up on a lift. Anybody who wants to order, I'll put it on for you at Corvette Performance using his lift.

Guest badbobs95

Nice find there HornyBob.

Well, if I could afford a ZR1, I wouldn't have to do stuff like this! I could put this on any car. It was so easy to form and bend around curves. No need to worry about it hitting a curb because it flexes like you wouldn't believe. You can't hurt this stuff.

So do you still have the old air dam underneath that?

If not, you are losing a lot of cooling air for the radiatior/condensor aren't you?

Guest badbobs95

So do you still have the old air dam underneath that?

If not, you are losing a lot of cooling air for the radiatior/condensor aren't you?

Yes and no. I left the center on but remember all three holes are functional on this car. That's easy to do also. The center piece is kind of expensive but the C5 ZO6 screens are not. You just cut out the lower portion of the shroud and that opens it up and then cut out the back of the side holes and you now have a lot of air pouring into the condenser and radiator area. My car rarely ever hits 200 degrees even in the summer.

How does all the air flow into the nose affect handling at speed I wonder. I would think you're creating a lot of turbulence.

I'd like to see under the hood some time to see how it's all done...my summer temps are usually high. But I also have an underdrive harmonic balancer which turns my water pump a little slower too.

Guest badbobs95

How does all the air flow into the nose affect handling at speed I wonder. I would think you're creating a lot of turbulence.

I'd like to see under the hood some time to see how it's all done...my summer temps are usually high. But I also have an underdrive harmonic balancer which turns my water pump a little slower too.

Not sure about any turbulence but the air flows directly into the blackwing and the radiator area. Also, not sure about high speeds because I haven't taken it over 125 yet. I have absolutely no handling problems at any speed. There isn't even the slightest vibration in the steering wheel. I can't wait to get the ZO6 shocks on her. It already rides like a stage coach going over expansion strips but I think that's from the runflats.

Mine doesn't ride the smoothest either. ZO6 shocks and massive sway bars I'm sure play a part.

I get a lot of "rut drift" in my car too. Sometimes it will really pull one way or the other, depending on the rut in the road. :lol

Sean, I think something to keep in mind regarding Bob's temps, is the hood he has. I'm sure that by itself would lower temps by quite a bit. Just my :2cents

Guest badbobs95

Sean, I think something to keep in mind regarding Bob's temps, is the hood he has. I'm sure that by itself would lower temps by quite a bit. Just my :2cents

You could have one too Jim!